Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Caster correction Bushes

Steamer

Country Flag
south_africa
Greetings all, my first question on the forum:-

When I bought my 1994 80GX about 10 years ago, it had OME suspension & damper fitted and the steering was ultra sensitive on the open road.
Took it to a well known 'Cruiser Whisperer' who installed caster correction bushes.
Fine since then.
Last week I had all the front end joints, bushes, tie-rod ends etc. overhauled/replaced and have not really been for a long drive as yet.(Can't afford it!)
Can one see if these correction bushes have been replaced? Where are they? Suspension is a very weak point with me.

I didn't actually watch the vid but its important to know why you pay for things , plenty of other vids on there to show you how and where they are fitted .

I agree, that was very well described and quite informative... not so sure about his welded washer solution though.

Glad he said bushes were not the way to go. They're not. Drop boxes don't really catch in the real world. Especially if you've gone with taller tyres. Plates don't really correct that much castor. I have done the welded washer trick and it works perfectly well but it's fiddly. For larger lifts, the BEST solution is cranked radius arms. But unless you've a kidney to sell, go with boxes. The beauty of the drop box is that it doesn't mess with anything. All the connections at the axle are still as nature intended.

Well, I took her in to a recommended alignment centre yesterday to have the wheel alignment done saw that the welded washer route was taken, so no worries in the future.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back