Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

CDL in low ratio

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Reading the current topic in the 80 series section.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12415

it appears that if they select low ratio, then they get center diff locked, which is what you would normally want.
If however they then fit this additional switch, they can flick this new switch, and prevent the center diff from locking, and still have low range.

Is there a way it could be implimented on the 120 ?

Graham

Eh? You've already got the option to leave the centre diff unlocked, unless I've missed something? The centre diff doesn't lock automatically in low range - at least, not on my vehicle. It only locks and turns off VSC when I depress the switch?

Hi Gary,

Yours may be different?
If LL is selected, the CDL is also locked, no option.
Are you thinking rear locker instead?

Graham

Jon Wildsmith said:
Graham said:
Are you thinking rear locker instead?
:lol: he doesn't have one, yet
Yeah, he has the jiggery pokery thing that puts the brakes on whe you really want to be going forward, never did understand that,,,,,,,, :lol:

Graham

I wondered if the LC3 was different - seems it is. My stubby lever only has H - N - L as options, with a sep CDL switch so I can engage the CDL in either high or low ratios, or not bother with it at all.

The rear locker is still sitting in the garage. Now I'm working in the Big Smoke I'm considering bringing it down this way and getting it fitted :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Graham said:
it appears that if they select low ratio, then they get center diff locked, which is what you would normally want.
If however they then fit this additional switch, they can flick this new switch, and prevent the center diff from locking, and still have low range.
Graham

It does not work like that Graham. :naughty:

This bit is correct when the truck is as Toyota intended. "it appears that if they select low ratio, then they get center diff locked"

The next bit however should read like this:-

"If however they then fit this additional switch (and disconnect a plug on the transfer box), they can select low range without the CD locking. Flick this new switch, and the center diff locks"

That works in both low & high ratio.

Gary Stockton said:
I wondered if the LC3 was different - seems it is. My stubby lever only has H - N - L as options, with a sep CDL switch so I can engage the CDL in either high or low ratios, or not bother with it at all.

The rear locker is still sitting in the garage. Now I'm working in the Big Smoke I'm considering bringing it down this way and getting it fitted :lol:

Gary

LC5 is way different to 3 'cause of ATRAC etc etc. LC3 has HH, LL etc etc. LC5 has just H-N-L as you say and CDL button.

Yeah, I had an LC3. Proper job it was. But I don't think that the CDL was electrically driven like the 80. I know that Bob had a good ferret around in there on a 90 which is the same IIRC. There is a mechanical lever which operates a linkage. This engages the CDL once everything lines up. Maybe you'd have to fit a CDL mechanism from an LC4 or 5. There must be a servo fitted in place of the lever.

Chris

Back