Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
I am in england
Feb 24, 2010
Stourbridge, West Midlands, England
Garage
Could be the actuator Paul? Have you checked if the actuator is getting power? I had to change the actuator on my old 80 as the inside had corroded. It's a bit of a PITA to get at even with the cross member unbolted and the gearbox lowered as far as it'll go but you can just about get in there. I took mine apart and experimented with repairing it but it wasn't reliable and it was such a PITA to get on/off plus re-assemble (big clock springs inside that have to be set just right) that after a few goes I gave in and bought a new one :shock:

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
I am in uk
Mar 1, 2010
Oswestry, Shropshire.
Could be Jon, but I do think it is an electrial fault. As it did work again once and it does not turn the ABS off. I can hear the relay clicking, so I will be traceing wires soon!!

But I will not get to look at it till the bank hoilday weekend!! So no laneing for me for a bit!

Paul

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
I am in england
Feb 24, 2010
Stourbridge, West Midlands, England
Garage
Does the ABS normaly go off when you press the switch to lock it or when it locks? I thought it was when it locks? Mine was intermittant for a bit ... I think there are EWD's in the FSM's so you should be able to test all the bits. If you short the locked switch connector on the transfer case you would still be able to use the axle lockers ;)

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
I am in uk
Mar 1, 2010
Oswestry, Shropshire.
Jon Wildsmith said:
Does the ABS normaly go off when you press the switch to lock it or when it locks?

Yes it did.

Jon Wildsmith said:
I think there are EWD's in the FSM's so you should be able to test all the bits.

I need to look at that when I have time.

Jon Wildsmith said:
If you short the locked switch connector on the transfer case you would still be able to use the axle lockers ;)

Someone will have to tell me how to do that ;)

Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks