Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Center Difflock not working.

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
As per the wanted section my Center Difflock is not working, I have changed the part I throught it was and it does not work!!

So any other ideas as to what it cold be?

Paul

Could be the actuator Paul? Have you checked if the actuator is getting power? I had to change the actuator on my old 80 as the inside had corroded. It's a bit of a PITA to get at even with the cross member unbolted and the gearbox lowered as far as it'll go but you can just about get in there. I took mine apart and experimented with repairing it but it wasn't reliable and it was such a PITA to get on/off plus re-assemble (big clock springs inside that have to be set just right) that after a few goes I gave in and bought a new one :shock:

Could be Jon, but I do think it is an electrial fault. As it did work again once and it does not turn the ABS off. I can hear the relay clicking, so I will be traceing wires soon!!

But I will not get to look at it till the bank hoilday weekend!! So no laneing for me for a bit!

Paul

Does the ABS normaly go off when you press the switch to lock it or when it locks? I thought it was when it locks? Mine was intermittant for a bit ... I think there are EWD's in the FSM's so you should be able to test all the bits. If you short the locked switch connector on the transfer case you would still be able to use the axle lockers ;)

Jon Wildsmith said:
Does the ABS normaly go off when you press the switch to lock it or when it locks?

Yes it did.

Jon Wildsmith said:
I think there are EWD's in the FSM's so you should be able to test all the bits.

I need to look at that when I have time.

Jon Wildsmith said:
If you short the locked switch connector on the transfer case you would still be able to use the axle lockers ;)

Someone will have to tell me how to do that ;)

Paul

pull the plug off and stick a wire between the terminals :mrgreen: It's the connector on the front end of the TC I think.

RM315E has the EWD's, looks like you want No. 22

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back