Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

centre diff problems

kbtransport

hi all
im having problems with my centre diff lock
i have replaced the actuator as it was siezed up (new toyota part)
i cant get the light to come on by moving the lever into low or with the switch on the dash
the light is working on the dash as i have powered it up and it comes on
the fr and rr lights come on when they are turned on but wont lock due to centre not being engaged (flashing)
has anyone had this before or know where to go next??
thanks in advance

The switch on the transfer box that registers that the CD has locked may be faulty, it wouldn't be the first time. Have you tested if the CD is locking even though the light isn't coming on?

The CDL light is operated by a switch that connects directly to the shaft that locks the diff. Its a ball operated switch.

it doesnt seem to be locking in
when i press the switch on the dash with it in high or neutral i can here the relay under my right foot cklicking but not when its in low????

Listed for the relay click when you put it into low, your wiring may still be set for CDL to automatically engage in low. Have someone operate the switch while you listen underneath the truck. You should hear the actuator motor running when you lock it and again when you unlock. If you can't hear it running then maybe you have a blown fuse or some other power supply issue.

i can press the switch with it in high or low and i still have no light coming on
does it need the light to compleate the circuit??
i will have a look at the motor to see if it locks in
is the a certain place the motor has to be put in at to mate up with the gears???
sorry for all the questions
cheers all

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Check if the motor runs, if not then there's a power problem. While the motor is off check you can turn the gear and engage CDL manually and if the light comes on? The actuator and box need to be in the same state when you refit the actuator e.g. unlocked.

Back