Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Check for PPI

garygiles1963

HI

I had a nice surprise, on my birthday last week, I got a £4000, PPI check from First Direct.

Please everyone who have had loans, credit cards, please do check if you had PPI. I didn't even know I had PPI on my credit card, so its worth checking, you only have 18 months left I think.

Its really easy to do, don't use PPI checking scams, they charge 25%. Just got to all the banks website you used in the past, they now all have PPI application forms. I did it on my phone on the train.

Just wanted to share that with you guys, also, hate to think of the Land Cruisers out there missing out on a bit of extra TLC, because you didn't check your PPI. ;)

Good luck

G.

Nice surprise Gary. :clap:

We've been dismissing this one for years. My wife (Ex Lloyds) says there would have been a payment going out every month. Did you not have a payment showing somewhere for this?

Thanks for posting. It's been nagging me but each time Lynn says we've not had it.

I think it was part of a personal load. I don't remember add it or seeing it being taken as an extra payment.

I've currently got a claim ongoing. Wasn't going to bother but my Bro got almost £5k back! so I though, why not. I just used this website to initiate the claim. Just fill in your details and it then fires off to your all your banks/credit card Co.'s etc and it's free......https://complaint.resolver.co.uk/users/sign_in

hi

Just be careful, these sites are free to make a claim, but will take a percentage of anything you get paid. 25% of £5000 is a lot.

G

Well I've held off until now, but just filled in the one on the bank's website. Couldn't tell them much as I've no details at all but been with that bank for 36 years so any payments would have gone from there. Nothing to lose really.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hi

Just be careful, these sites are free to make a claim, but will take a percentage of anything you get paid. 25% of £5000 is a lot.

G

My Bro was charged nothing. This isn't one of the many PPI claim chasing Co.'s who will, as you rightly say, take a nice big slice of your payout!

Well I've held off until now, but just filled in the one on the bank's website. Couldn't tell them much as I've no details at all but been with that bank for 36 years so any payments would have gone from there. Nothing to lose really.

Pretty much where I'm at. Been with my bank since 1979 and had loans in the past but the last one was over 20yrs ago and have no records. My bank had paper records up to '95, then went electronic so there's some real paper sifting to be done. I guess this will be the same for many banks.

I had no details at all. Just put in my name and the address's have I lived in.

That's it.

Towpack, your clearly on it.

A friend of mine got £65,000.00, as he had PPI on his mortgage.

So check your mortgages to, you never know.

Good luck.

G

Just filled in the form in Towpacks link, see if we had ppi on our mortgage.

Back