Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chinese double din and reversing csmera.

Lexie

Country Flag
great_britain
Looking to buy a double din headunit to support rear camera with as many extras as possible DAB being a must.
Anybody with experiance of these chinese units? Are they any good?

Cheers in advance

Ive had one for two years. For £110 its amazing. The spec changes monthly. quality can be hit and miss. Keep the receipt..

Mine is eincar from amazon. Probable all made in the same factory though.. 18 months after getting mine i ordered the same for Christmas for my dads 100 series. Physically it looked the same, but the button functions were different and the user interfaces were different.
They do seem to change the spec monthly, not a bad thing.

i would get one with android os as the win6 some come with wouldnt run a calculator..

My experience has only ben bad so I'm buying a known brand this time.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looking to buy a double din headunit to support rear camera with as many extras as possible DAB being a must.
Anybody with experiance of these chinese units? Are they any good?

Cheers in advance

Over on aliexpress I am about to order one of these
Seems to tick most of the boxes and not too delicate or complicated.

Screenshot_20171130-181519.png
Surely at 260 quid that couldnt be far off the mark

I’ve had the autopumpkin unit installed for a couple of years. I wanted full Android to run apps like Torque. Yes it has the odd glitch such as times when the track on SD card won’t change on steering wheel controls but for the price nothing I can’t live with. The included mapping is excellent, much to my surprise! Overall I’m very happy with it

Long thread here if you want to research more

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...electrical/426154-android-stereo-upgrade.html

Yeah I like the igoprimo mapping.

I'm waiting for this to arrive..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Eun...32830638809.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7mKSiC

Having asked on another forum my shortlist was 2gb so that it boots up as quickly as possible, the more modern the OS the better, and hard volume control is useful as trying to fish around rubbing the screen to turn music down whilst driving is a nightmare (don't have wheel controls) Got a reverse camera ready to hook up and also have a DVR ready. I did consider DAB but heard some can be a bit sketchy so will stick with FM for the time being.

I'm waiting for this to arrive..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Eun...32830638809.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7mKSiC

Having asked on another forum my shortlist was 2gb so that it boots up as quickly as possible, the more modern the OS the better, and hard volume control is useful as trying to fish around rubbing the screen to turn music down whilst driving is a nightmare (don't have wheel controls) Got a reverse camera ready to hook up and also have a DVR ready. I did consider DAB but heard some can be a bit sketchy so will stick with FM for the time being.

Let me know how you get on!

I have had a Kenwood one for a few years in the Nissan, it doesn't use android though it has its own O/S, but the functions it does it does them very well. I have a freeview box hooked up to it which is handy if I want to watch the F1 etc. Not very good if you are driving though as you have to keep re scanning all the stations when the signal changes.

I want to buy one for the cruiser but with Android, have been looking at the Xtrons ones. As Karlos said I want one with a rotary volume control.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/302314279820

My friend bought one of these but he says it is made of chocolate!

I have had a Kenwood one for a few years in the Nissan, it doesn't use android though it has its own O/S, but the functions it does it does them very well. I have a freeview box hooked up to it which is handy if I want to watch the F1 etc. Not very good if you are driving though as you have to keep re scanning all the stations when the signal changes.

I want to buy one for the cruiser but with Android, have been looking at the Xtrons ones. As Karlos said I want one with a rotary volume control.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/302314279820

My friend bought one of these but he says it is made of chocolate!
Not well educated in the android OS guys whats the differences

As far as I understand either you have a radio with its own operating system, that does whatever functions it was designed with and that is it. You can't add functions but the functions it has will probably work well. That's like my older Kenwood is.

The newer android head units use an android operation system like a phone or a tablet. This is what you need if you want to use the apps that you have on your phone, or could have, on your head unit. The head unit is basically like a phone then. You can tether your phone to it by wi fi and use the internet through it. So you can use all apps that need the internet to work.

If you have an apple phone I think the Pioneer radio is better because it is designed for an apple phone, I would have thought an android phone would not work very well with it.

In terms of which version of Android to use, newer is better. Really version 6 or above,
For navigation you need 2gb of RAM to be able to work out long routes on maps.

The disadvantage to the Android unit is it could potentially have software bugs or freeze, and you could have compatability problems with your phone, especially if it is an apple phone.

Also the music amplifier/sound quality is not going to be as good as a more expensive or dedicated to sound quality type of radio. Not so much of a problem in a Land Cruiser though!

The other problem they have is the fit into the dashboard. There may be a gap, or not enough of a gap. And you need to be able to get it in and out. In my 80 the radio sits behind the walnut fascia trim, which I imagine would be difficult to cut or modify, and if the face of the radio is bigger than the hole it will be impossible to get the fascia off, or to secure the radio properly.

The disadvantage to the Android unit is it could potentially have software bugs or freeze, and you could have compatability problems with your phone, especially if it is an apple phone.

Also the music amplifier/sound quality is not going to be as good as a more expensive or dedicated to sound quality type of radio. Not so much of a problem in a Land Cruiser though!

The other problem they have is the fit into the dashboard. There may be a gap, or not enough of a gap. And you need to be able to get it in and out. In my 80 the radio sits behind the walnut fascia trim, which I imagine would be difficult to cut or modify, and if the face of the radio is bigger than the hole it will be impossible to get the fascia off, or to secure the radio properly.

Thanks for the advice richard. On what uve said personaly i would not need an android head unit, mainly because as long as i would have DAB, bluetooth hands free and music stream, the usual stuff really plus a reverse camera would be all id need really

I think you would be pleased with that Kenwood unit I have been pleased with mine!

Is yours the same model?

Sounds on the money to me

Back