Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clean 80 series 24v diesel

With a KW steering wheel that would be quite a smart thing.
I'd like it to say " this is a really solid 80", though.

Feeling we might be seeing it soon 'on a shelf near you'

Wasn't me i had decided to buy an 80 but now i'm wondering at the wisdom of buying a vehicle that is worth more in spare parts than it is as a daily driver .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wasn't me i had decided to buy an 80 but now i'm wondering at the wisdom of buying a vehicle that is worth more in spare parts than it is as a daily driver .

Sounds very wise to me Shayne, bit of a no-brainer, always get your money back, appreciating asset etc.

Stop looking for stupid excuses Shayne, and just go buy the damn thing. You'll love it at first drive and then there'll be no more nonsense talk...

:whistle:

The mileage on the last one just about convinced me it would be worth painting properly Clive but maybe i should go for a banger paint it with a sweeping brush then take it out and wreck it , that way i could concentrate on keeping my far cooler 90 in good fettle ;)

Your statement makes no sense to me Shayne.
I'd be happy knowing that the motor I'm driving is worth more in parts. That means you would never loose any money by owning it. :)

The mileage on the last one just about convinced me it would be worth painting properly Clive but maybe i should go for a banger paint it with a sweeping brush then take it out and wreck it , that way i could concentrate on keeping my far cooler 90 in good fettle ;)

Ok, I'll surely win no prizes at all, if cool gets a rating, mate. :sunglasses:

I just dont know why you keep harking on about getting an 80 when you love the 90 so much?

Confused :crazy:

Karl makes sense for you mate but i have parking for 2 cars and and i need 2 cars so if one doesn't work anymore its scrap .

Same answer for you Clive i thought i had settled the matter once and for all by getting Helen her own 90 , a better one than mine by all accounts , but neither of us like the D4D engine , you will laugh when i say it's just too ............ NICE :icon-confused:

Karl makes sense for you mate but i have parking for 2 cars and and i need 2 cars so if one doesn't work anymore its scrap .

Same answer for you Clive i thought i had settled the matter once and for all by getting Helen her own 90 , a better one than mine by all accounts , but neither of us like the D4D engine , you will laugh when i say it's just too ............ NICE :icon-confused:

Ah ha, so that's it, you like a bit of rough then Shayne :lol:

Same answer for you Clive i thought i had settled the matter once and for all by getting Helen her own 90 , a better one than mine by all accounts , but neither of us like the D4D engine ,

you will laugh when i say it's just too ............ NICE :icon-confused:

It's always made sense to me mate before I did what I do now.

Say you buy one for 5k now keep it ten years then sell it to me or or someone else for the same money as you have paid for it. It's a win win situation mate. That's why I just collect them and keep them complete ;)

I will get one but i've got myself into a right fix at the mo as Helen truck has to go but it owes me more than i will get for it and i still have to spend more yet if i'm to find that clunk .

I will get one but i've got myself into a right fix at the mo as Helen truck has to go but it owes me more than i will get for it and i still have to spend more yet if i'm to find that clunk .
Can't be as bad as my Smart, Shayne. It's still fighting me 'cos it knows as soon as it's right I'm going to sell it for far less than I've spent on it.
We do these things…

FWIW, I recon you've got more chance of finding your clunk than I have my electrical gearbox change problem. :angry-banghead:

Last edited:
Can't fight technology Rich hence my decision to get an 80 .

You should have got Lyn to test drive my truck that day you had a go , Helen was terrified of it until she was forced to use it to get to work once , I have been fighting her for the keys ever since :icon-rolleyes:

Can't fight technology Rich hence my decision to get an 80 .

You should have got Lyn to test drive my truck that day you had a go , Helen was terrified of it until she was forced to use it to get to work once , I have been fighting her for the keys ever since :icon-rolleyes:

This is about how I lost the 120 to the Mrs.

Back