Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clutch suppliers. KZJ 70.

Roger Fairclough

Hi Guys.

I may need to replace my clutch, so has anyone any favourite supplier?

Cheers

Roger

I used Milners for my last one. Cheap enough and quality seemed OK.

I'm getting a degree of clutch drag, especially in this cold weather. This is causing some engagement crunching until everything is warm. It's best to double the clutch. My thoughts are that the gearbox input shaft splines are dirty or the spigot bearing in the c/shaft is binding or the driven plate is warped. Clutch movement is fine. Once in, there is no slip. Either way I will drop the box and have a look. If there is any doubt as to the serviceability of the clutch, it's best to know where to get one from. Quality is more important than price.

Roger

I bought mine from Roughtrax when I fitted the 1KZ-T engine in my 70.

After 10,000 miles its still working perfectly. :thumbup:

Roger youve seen first hand the abuse mine gets off road! :lol: :icon-twisted:

I had similar problems Roger, turned out the clutch master cylinder was leaking like a sieve, replaced that and all good now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for all the info. I took the box off this afternoon and will investigate tomorrow.

Roger

Roger, did you get the new suspension fitted? :think:

Their is a Pedders garage/store in the town near me, so I will be interested in what you think of it. :icon-smile:

Roger, did you get the new suspension fitted? :think:

Their is a Pedders garage/store in the town near me, so I will be interested in what you think of it. :icon-smile:

Yes Ben but it's not Pedders! They tried the early LJ70 (round h/lamps) as this is the only model they cater for but the front springs don't taper, so they didn't fit. I eventually bought Dobinsons from a Polish dealer. The money transaction took 5 days and the delivery (over a weekend) took 3. Bearing in mind the money transfer should be instantaneous, something stinks and the next time I am in the bank, feathers will be ruffled.

Roger

No problem with the clutch. Minimum rivet depth is quoted as 0.3 mm. Mine are about 2.5mm.

Trouble was the pilot bearing in the c/shaft. 19 years and the grease was solid. Bearing didn't turn at all. I will change the bearing and the c/shaft oil seal.

Roger

I've only ever heard good things about Dobinsons, so thats another route I might go down with mine. :thumbup:

I've only ever heard good things about Dobinsons, so thats another route I might go down with mine. :thumbup:

No problem with the fitment. Rear ride height is spot on. Front is a little low due to weight of bumper, winch and protection plate but Dobinsons did advise this would happen, so no problem. Will raise the ride height and correct slight discrepancy side to side with some home made spacers.

Roger

Update.

Fitted new bearing and c/shaft oil seal. No crunching on gear engagement and gear change now lighter.

Roger

No problem with the fitment. Rear ride height is spot on. Front is a little low due to weight of bumper, winch and protection plate but Dobinsons did advise this would happen, so no problem. Will raise the ride height and correct slight discrepancy side to side with some home made spacers.

Roger

how would you rate them for ride comfort compaired with your previous springs? did you have ome's before? as i've got ironman allround and the ride is terrible so am looking for new springs cheers

how would you rate them for ride comfort compaired with your previous springs? did you have ome's before? as i've got ironman allround and the ride is terrible so am looking for new springs cheers

My original springs were Dutch. After 120,000 miles they were basically PTSBD. The Dobinsons are slightly softer without being mushy. What shocks are you running?

Roger

My original springs were Dutch. After 120,000 miles they were basically PTSBD. The Dobinsons are slightly softer without being mushy. What shocks are you running?

Roger
I was running iron mans allround but the rears started bottoming out (with no passengers or spare wheel ) so put some bilsteins on the back for now but they're too soft so have got some adjustable koni's to put on soon and am thinking about some new springs to put on with them

Back