Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Colorado 95 VX for reluctant sale - 2 owners from new

jonnyboy54321

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
For Sale:

Landcruiser Colorado VX Auto. 1997R 3.0 td 5 door 8 seater.
Mother and son owned from new.
148k miles
Fresh MOT.
Very original condition - still has original pinstripes/stickers etc. Prev owner confirmed it had never had any paintwork done. This is a proper original truck.
Body very good - few small marks here and there, would benefit from bumper corners doing and wheels refurbed.
Interior very good for age. Drivers seat could do with some recolouring, remainder of seats superb.
Plastics such as rear of centre console scuffed from kids shoes etc but they may well come up ok.
Carpets superb.
Dry inside!
Electrically, from what I can tell, everything works, heated seats, rear heater, sunroof, original aerial etc.
No aircon.
Came to me after being laid up for a year or so.
MOT'd a month ago with no advisories.
Work done:-

Discs, pads all round, new retaining clips and pins, handbrake overhauled and shoes replaced, one new caliper.
Drop links
Diff breather unblocked and checked.
Full front to back exhaust and hangers.
Full service.
Cambelt and tensioner change.
Brake fluid changed.
Coolant flushed and refreshed.
Has 4 good tyres.
Had slight injector seal leak on no.4 so all seals and fuel rail seals done, along with throttle body gasket.
Two keys.
Has alarm although not working. Needs a couple of the plastics sorting - fusebox lid, seat mounting covers etc although they are all there.
As I said, no history, I know it had some but prev owner is incommunicado (aren't they all!?!?!).

Would make a superb everydayer or a blank canvas for someone.
Regretfully for sale to raise funds (and avoid marital incident!!) due to purchase of works van which has just been diagnosed as needing £2k engine repair.
I have loads and loads of pics of her, here is a taster:

DSC_0537.JPGDSC_0692.JPGDSC_0693.JPGDSC_0696.JPGDSC_0699.JPGDSC_0703.JPGDSC_0705.JPGDSC_0707.JPGDSC_0713.JPG

Open to sensible offers.

John

Last edited:
Good luck with the sale John, looks a good honest truck to me with the added bonus of leather seats. I guess the market will decide its value but like you as good as said " need must when the devil drives". Pity about the works van though.

Thanks Andy.
It's definitely the best one that's been through my hands at this point.
Bought a VW Transporter now that I'm getting back to work, looks like it needs injectors but the seats have worn rendering the motor useless. Have had to buy another van to tool about in while I get time/cash together for the VW so am a bit overstretched and lacking in space.
No way I would have put the cruiser on works duty - it's far too good for that.
It is what it is...

Hi

Pm me an idea of what you want for it, I know of a couple of lads who wanted my old one and are still looking, and whereabouts you are.

Cheers

Pete

I thought all for sale ads, had to have a price, not just, give me what you think its worth, you might as s well stick it on eBay

Like Graham said your better off putting a price on so people can get a rough idea and not insult you,I was wanting £3000 for mine and got to admit I wouldn't let her go for less as for the amount of money I've put in her I know there are cheaper ones but it's what they need doing that can mount up and it does I'd not want my wife to see how much I've spent over time of owner ship :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back