Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Colour Multi -Information Console

deece

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi All,

Great to find a thriving forum like this dedicated LC

I'm new to the forum , and looking at buying SWB prado, i'm done with my 90 defender :)

Does anyone know what year Toyota introduced the Colour Multi -Information console ? Was 2000-2002 ?

Also was it ever available in the SWB and can one buy it separately ? I'm looking at 1999 which has the older monotone screen and it would be nice to install the colour variant.

Thanks
D

Hi Deece and welcome from a swb 90 owner and fan . I have no idea what a multi colour console thing is so i will guess digital dash which came in facelift models which are easily recognized by the fog lights in the front bumper , earlier models had none . the real choice is a 1kz-te engine or a 2001-02 1kd engine .

Hi Shayne, thanks for the welcoming. Ah right, the 1999 im looking at KZJ90W RX seems to have fog lights in the bumper ... here is a pic of what i'm talking about when i mean multi information console in colour :drool: , as opposed to the monochrome one. It might have only come on the TX versions ? Do you know if it can be purchased separately from anywhere?

lcInfo.jpg
p.s nice SWB you got there..in black i like it :)

That's a left hand drive and looks as though its been photo shopped to me ?

What year did the 50th anniversary model come out might be a hint.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Prado 90's are imports the UK model is a Colorado the most significant difference on the down side is Prado's have no rear difflock but on the upside they come with an intercooler as standard which UK KZJ90's never got . It might be difficult to date model spec of imports .

There are a couple of members here who have facelift UK KZJ95's with the extra gauge pod so you might find they have the same .

Thanks Shayne, i'm looking at importing one from Japan so will be a Prado, less miles and less rust, only issue is the added cost. The 1999 one i'm looking at has the extra gauge pod just in monochrome would have been nice to see if i can fit the colour one. I like pretty lights haha

Just searched ebay now for toyota prado and the first ad i clicked on showed me this
$_12.JPG

Maybe all prado 90 have them ?

Wow i just found a 2005 4 door 90 series :think: i wonder when they stopped making them in Japan ?

Thanks for the help guys , much appreciated. Its called an inclinometer, there loads of them around after finding out the name :)

The one listed above is the same as mine the monochrome,I looked for the colour one when looking for mine but very rare and expensive for what they are.

Yep, a lot around but all monochrome, cant find the colour variant anywhere

The one listed above is the same as mine the monochrome,I looked for the colour one when looking for mine but very rare and expensive for what they are.

Hi Sag, I've just purchased a monochrome one couldn't for the life of me find a color one.. Do you know if I need an extra wiring loom to hook itup or is there one straight under the dash ? I was under the assumption it was just plug and play with an existing connector.

Hi Sag, I've just purchased a monochrome one couldn't for the life of me find a color one.. Do you know if I need an extra wiring loom to hook itup or is there one straight under the dash ? I was under the assumption it was just plug and play with an existing connector.

As far ask know the loom for the inclinometer unit is there behind the glove box, but you need the connecting harness that's about 18 inches long. The other thing is the outside temperature sensor will not be present in your truck.

Thanks for the response Bob, I have neither of those things. You don't by any chance know of anywhere I might be able to pick them up? :grin:

Back