Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

coolant leak.

al/c

Country Flag
uk
i seem to have developed a leak under the dash, thinking heater core must be the culprit. looks like a dash out job to get to it or is there any other options please. :pray:

Unfortunately, you do have to remove the dashboard to service the heater core there is no other way around it. Before jumping to conclusions, I would double check every other possibility.

Is it defo coolant? If it's clear water it's a problem with the evaporator flow off entering cabin rather than being piped to outside.

it,s deffinatly coolant, so it looks like it,s dash out time, have to source another core now :think:

it,s deffinatly coolant, so it looks like it,s dash out time, have to source another core now :think:
Hi al/c
Just a thought before you go the the expense and hard work ! Have you got a sunroof ? if so are the drains
blocked
I have a mate and both his foot wells were flooded with water and checked his sunroof drains and cleared out and never had a drop of water again
Admitting if you are loosing coolant that that's a different matter

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Or could it be a hose that needs tightening or replacement?

checked the engine bay and it,s all dry in there, so it looks like it must be the core. i,ll do it when i get a day off later in the week. thanks for the input guy,s:thumbup:

was a tiny hole so soldered it up and seems ok now.

Great that you got it fixed. How much time did it cost?
Where was the hole? One of the ends? At the pipe? Any pix?

it was where the pipe joins the core, forgot to take pics unfortunately. took about 8 hours. just hope it holds now. :pray:

Most likely a poor joint rather than corrosion so should last OK. Some are plastic bodied with very narrow walled aluminium tubes which rot through. My 1989 Audi had said and the walls burst. So much steam I could not drive the car. Nightmare job to change.

Back