Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cost of a drawer build compared to a purchase ?

Aluminum drawers I had made at the local commercial body builders for £90.

The frame is made from plywood, the 'runners' are nylon carper squares, two flight case handles off eBay £6

The result is a lightweight drawer system with no rattles and nothing to jam or go wrong.

Total cost I guess about £120

983155003_4EZtx-L.jpg

Draws £54 of ebay plywood £29 carpet £10 and two lenths of ali box £26 total £119

Attachments

• Drawers 033_renamed_2678.jpg
    Drawers 033_renamed_2678.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 261
The runners I will be using are the same as fitted to fire engines, for the pumps and gen sets. I will be welding the frame, made of box section. Draws will alloy with am alloy or wood cover over the lot.

Cost might get to £250 (better than £1200), but I know it will do what I want and will carry the weight. As for springs, I 868s fitted now, so no problem :)

Anyone know the size of a 100 series boot? The flat space between the arches and from the seat to boot shut.

Paul

Hi Paul,

the footprint for my storage system is 105 cm deep (from inner edge of plastic trim by the tail gate to a couple of cm's short of the middle seats) and 108 cm between the wheel arches. You could get slightly wider if you remove the wheel arch trim.

Be aware the depth reduces with height because of the angle of the seat.

Thanks for that, it looks like the 100 series is less between the the arches than an 80 series.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back