Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

crap afternoon working on the 90

EvilEd

Started trying to fix the drivers heated seat. switch was full of semi dried cola and nothing coming out, so took it all apart, cleaned it up, tested it all and put it all back together, but still no heated seat. Pulled the plug at the back of the seat, continuity on the earth, and feeds from both low and high no problem. Ended up using a jump start and 10a supply via the multimeter and it's not drawing any current, either circuit. :evil:

Any ideas where to go next ??? Am guessing pull the seat and strip it down.... not sure if I'll go that route, being a petrol it warms up pretty quick anyway.

So, the Sony head unit that I fixed the CD drive on has the display go out occasionally, a slight press on the front brings it back... to pulled it and stripped, cleaned all the connectors for the front panel and rebuilt it and guess what.... It still does it... :( Am guessing a loose connector on the display itself, my hands were numb by this point so re-built the dash and gave up.

Found out at last how to remove the 3rd row seats..... that lever has to go down a long way :) decided to bring the bar cover in that was cracked when I got her and had put some araldite on that too for the night !

Not a very successful day..... So glad I took the time to get the switch working perfectly !

Hate it when stuff does not go to plan.... oh well tomorrow another day

continuity check the elements, more than likelt them both are gone on mine aswell, need to find some time to strp them and find break in element

How easy are they to get to ? poked finger up the hole where the wire goes and seems to go up there a way. Is it a seat out jobby or something that can be done in situe ?

you can get to the plug but to do anything substantial the seat needs lifting

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back