Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Crime in South Africa !!

It does bring back some really chilling memories....gives me shivers down my spine! Enough said.

I don't know what to say because the fact he walked outside without even considering the dangers he was placing himself in shocks me more than the armed robbery . Had that been my house i'd have gone out armed with every intention of causing the intruders some serious damage

I totally agree with you shayne, really shocked but that's reality i'm afraid.

Absolutely - no way I'd go out empty handed.

Staying out in Pretoria for Xmas a few years back, it's about 2-3am on New Year's Day. Being a night owl, I'm in the living room watching the TV, my aunt/uncle/cousin are all asleep when suddenly the alarm goes ballistic. I've hightailed it into the office, grabbed the nearest ordnance to hand and gone hammering through the house checking for a breach.

Turns out the 3 gentlemen concerned had noted that my relatives went to sleep early, and had kicked the back door in to grab some goodies in the time it would take for sleepy people to respond to the alarm. What they hadn't accounted for was that the nephew would still be awake, alert and well practised at building clearance with a 12gauge Mossberg pump.

It was only afterwards that it occurred to me that I might not have been allowed to shoot them :doh:

Last edited:
I may regret opening a can of worms here but i know two separate white south Africans . The first i met was a huge fella and supremely arrogant and proud his cruel treatment and utter contempt for ......... shall we say native Africans . We fell out instantly .

The second fella was the nicest bloke you could ever meet , a paramedic who quit south Africa after a 9 year old boy died in his arms having been shot with an automatic rifle in a playground .

The first fella though i haven't seen or thought about him for years sprung to mind when i watched the vid .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
These things do not just happen in South Africa, Just look at some of the crimes we have in this country.

I don't know what to say because the fact he walked outside without even considering the dangers he was placing himself in shocks me more than the armed robbery . Had that been my house i'd have gone out armed with every intention of causing the intruders some serious damage

I'd say they didn't know what they were walking into by the looks of that footage. Chilling footage nonetheless.

But as has been highlighted, you can find that sort of footage from all over world, not just South Africa.

But as has been highlighted, you can find that sort of footage from all over world, not just South Africa.

Absolutely. Perhaps ironic that here that sometimes it seems we have even less recourse to defend ourselves when it does happen. :wtf:

It's not that there isn't crime elsewhere in the world, there is... its just the type of crime and level of violence involved.

I know lots of okes from home who justify returning, saying there is crime everywhere in the world.....
But how often do you have to confront Panga wielding invaders in your home. Its not an uncommon occurrence in SA now, and it is getting worse and more prevalent.

A buddy of mine flew back 2 weeks ago and when he got home, he and his family were subjected to a 3 hour long ordeal, stabbed, pistol whipped, wife and daughter threatened with rape and the house ransacked. The third burglary in a year, but this the most violent. He had been followed home from the airport!!

Crime everywhere indeed, but not of this type.

If Malema and the EFF have their way, its going to escalate too IMHO.

my wife wants to more back home to SA in the next couple of years and i am so worried i am not sure if its the right thing for us to do. There is lots more for me in SA then here but i can lock my door at night and have no fear that we might get this kind of thing happening to us. her dads cousin got killed wife shot 3 times luckily she is ok now, in his house 6pmand all they took was a phone. life is worth nothing to some people over there. I was starting to read the news over there to get a hopefully make a better decision on what to do and i had to stop becausse the news is terrible. Olazz is right its the amount of violence over there the are nasty people( some of them). I love the country and the way of life BUT i am not sure i caan live with the fear all the time and not go mad.
stu

On the self defence front , it has never been illegal to kill someone in Britain . If a court accepts you or your family were in mortal danger and the killing resulted from self preservation you have not broken the law . Its pretty much the same the world over , had the guy got hold of one of the intruders weapons and used it to deadly effect i doubt very much he would even have been charged .

With regards to crime everywhere is it not absolutely certain the likes of these intruders are accepted into Britain to improve our multicultural international image in their droves every day of the week ?

Stumog
If you do have to go back get yourself a couple of Dobermans , no other dog is instinctively more protective of its owners and territory . They don't make great pets as all strangers are treated will equal mistrust , but they are predictable and obedient unlike some other breeds .

Last edited:
. I love the country and the way of life BUT i am not sure i caan live with the fear all the time and not go mad.
stu

Stu, my sentiments exactly! With three young daughters, I was too concerned about their welfare to risk attack, or worse. I have been lucky to be able to bring up my daughters in a safe and relatively carefree environment, with little worry of who may burst in to our home and potentially destroy their lives. I sleep soundly each night.

I really didn't care how much of a "paradise" the country was. I know too many people whose lives have been ruined by thugs who kill, rape and maim. Sadly, and I may be vilified for saying this, but the harsh fact is many Africans have little regard for human life.

Killing the perpetrators in return is a hiding to nothing, either way you ruin your family's life.

we dont have kids but are planing to have them so we have that to think about. I think alot of people would feel very differently towards some Africans if the knew the truth of what really goes on. My wife has had alot of aguments with people in work when they start speaking up about the subject and i am sure you know what Africaans women can be like on the subject.
I really dont know how i would carry on with my life if i had to shoot and kill somebody even if it was me or them. What i feel needs to happen is people should all have a lot more respect for each other down there and treat each other how the expect to be treated. I talk english to the locals and not treat them any different to anybody over here and i have had a fair few of them comment about how i am towards them so if every body from both side did that surly it would end up a better place.
stu

Stumog
If you do have to go back get yourself a couple of Dobermans , no other dog is instinctively more protective of its owners and territory . They don't make great pets as all strangers are treated will equal mistrust , but they are predictable and obedient unlike some other breeds .

shane most of the time the dogs are poisioned a few days before an attack. what you really want is to live in a nucular bunker and never go outside so why go any way? You cant belive the likes of some people walking around on are strrets have done and put other people through. If the general public knew there would hopfully be uproar.
stu

Esih, harsh. Seriously makes me cold with memories. :(
I do still love the country and wish I could move back but being attacked by 6 black <censored> with a gun against my then fiance's head, held captive for 6 hours and hearing the click of a misfire knowing the gun was aimed at me while tied up.... Sorry, not rushing back there... ;(

Oh, and the night before the same <censored> raped the mother and daughter of the neighbours.

:sick:

Luckily though, there are also millions of people (including family and friends) who live their life without incident. :thumbup:

It's a real threat in SA and most know someone in their immediate family that have been affected in some way. Sadly I do think it's a minority of black folk perpetrating these crimes, but the effect is massive.

As much as I loved SA, I could never live there or expose my kids and wife to this. I guess in the end we all assess the risk and make our choices based on this.

Back