Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Croatia? Anyone driven there?

Dieseldragon

Driving to Croatia in August and have virtually the whole month to get there and back.

We are leaving from Southern Spain and will mostly be camping.

Has anyone done a trip there? Any advice?

Used to live there if that helps. What would you like to know.

I've got all the must see places noted down.

I could ask a million questions, but is there any absolute no no's that a new traveller to there might not immediately find on the Internet? Apart from common sense things!

I know I am asking a hugely general question, but it does allow random input of things that may not even have occurred to me.

Be very careful with speeding and don't drink and drive. Lots of road blocks along the main roads.

If a lamp goes on the car change straight away big fines if not.

Driving is mental.

It's a great place I love it. People are amazing. They will use any excuse fir a party and a lamb on the spit.

I don't know much about the north of the country but can help with info on the south or islands.

Stu

Thanks. All common sense things really.

We are starting at Pula, then working down to Dubrovnik, with a few inland detours to the national parks. Not really planning on doing Islands, unless we can take the car as it will have all our essentials aboard.

Don't miss kerca falls or korcula my 2 favourite places. I would plan on being in dubrovnik more then a day bit boring after that.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back