Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

d4d vs 3.0 td

I'm gonna borrow my bro's 120 for a day next week just for the experience its an auto so i won't like it anyway but its there so why not .

I'm gonna borrow my bro's 120 for a day next week just for the experience its an auto so i won't like it anyway but its there so why not .

You might find you are pleasantly surprised.

Breaks my heart that i don't think i will Gra i would dearly love to upgrade but try as i might i cannot envisage how i could put my stamp on one , even the artic trucks version doesn't make me drool :cry:

Read a review from someone the other day (not here) that the 120 is more car-like than the 95. That would satisfy Mrs JB but the price tag doesn't !

In my experience, dissatisfactions over cost are short lived compared to dissatisfactions over the product. In other words, you almost never regret paying a bit more for something that ticks all the boxes and is just right.

I reckon the 120 is the only option for you Jonny for the exact same reasons it's not the truck for me . I get your doubts about price and i reckon the only way to avoid being robbed is to up the ant and go for a newer model .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Shayne

You may well be right tbh. On both counts.

Interestingly, been viewing an e class saloon and estate today, Mrs JB preferred the estate.
After looking at the finance figures we may end up leasing one, in which case, the equity in the Galaxy may well help me "up the ante" as you say.

Watch this space!

Well test drove my bro's 120 and all i can say is it is a lovely car and i got on ok with the auto box though it seem's to hang for a few seconds almost as if its asking are you sure you don't want slow down again before changing into third . Other than that yeah its was great , a car v tractor comparison against my 90 . But i like tractors .

Not sure if it was LC2 or 3 or what ? 2007 with 80k on the clock .

Last edited:
thats interesting Shayne.
Body coloured bumpers or black?
Cloth or leather?
Satnav screen or radio?
AHC rear suspension switch?

All silver , cloth seats , nobody has any use for satnav on an island about 30 miles long and 15 miles wide . I didn't notice anything about the suspension other than it was a very smooth ride , I did about 30 miles with 2 adults and 4 kids as passengers . I would say its what you want Jonny very quiet and very well behaved with enough power to fit the autobox though i'm sure that delay into third would soon grate on me . Too posh for me !

Sunds like an lc3 Shayne. Theyre cloth. An lc2 seems to have unpainted bumpers. Lc4 and 5 leather (although could be specified on lower spec ones).
LC4 best for me i think

No idea mate , her mum drives a silver 95 and her own comparison was somewhat vague the impression i got was she prefers the 120 because it gives a more affluent impression . She is farmers girl mind and she is no stranger to driving tractors . My bro's daily drive is a Navara pickup and he uses the cruiser for weddings and the like .

Back