Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dash illuminations

clivehorridge

Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
While I'm away from home, typing from a hotel in Muscat, my trusty odd-job helper from the office volunteered to replace all my dash illuminations (fool I thought, but what a plan!) :thumbup:

Since buying the truck 10 years ago, only the speedo and tacho illuminate now, and I think the bulb in the drivers window switch was working too IIRC but not much more.

The heater controls, the CDL switch, rear heater fan and all other stuff have been in the dark for a long time.

Good ol' Cris, he wassapped me just now with bleeding hands, a lot of words beginning with f and ending with g and some other Romanian expletives that I haven't learned yet in the 15 years I've been living there...

He also sent some photies...

Crappy Lenovo phone photies (his words not mine) but you get the drift...

image.jpeg

I have a heater panel, even in the dark :lol:
image.jpeg

We thought blue may be tasteful....

image.jpeg

image.jpg

I'm not going to recognize the old girl next time it goes dark...

Have to leave for the airport at 2:00am that will be fun :shifty:

BTW, does anybody want to see iPone pics of the landscape near to the project in Oman?

If you think that is dull my 80 is real bad it's on my list of to do,s

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Looks great, although wearing Ray Bans at night might get you a tug? Were these the LED replacements Clive or bulbs with covers?

regards

Dave

Looking good Clive. Is there any chance he may have a list of the bulb types used for each item?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice one Clive - buy a pair of decent sunglasses whilst you in the ME, you'll need them when you get back!! :thumbup:

SC - I recently did this on my 90 and the transformation is amazing. I used LED bulbs from the OZ seller (don't have the details to hand but they're in both the "maintenance" thread and Chris' 80 build thread.

Last edited:
I've not seen it yet, but tonight I'll have a drive in the dark and give an opinion. Cris says it looks better in the flesh than in the crappy photos.

They're all LED replacements as I understand it, but Cris was out of the office when I arrived a couple of hours ago, and I'm going home to get some sleep now, last sleep I had was Monday night.

If Cris kept an inventory, I'll share it, of course.

He wasn't very complementary about some of the difficulties he had though. Hence the plethora of f**ks. I got the impression that some of the switch bulbs may have been a tad fiddly... :whistle:

Back