hi to every one
i have a problem with my land cruiser Rreg 1998
when i turn the car on and drive the lights on the dash flash
the T belt,water pump,fuel filter,eng oil low
,alternator light

and the battery is now flat

any ideas

cheers mark

I had same recently. Gradually all lights came on, faded and eventually everything including the gauges died. Being on the spot and having very few tools I want and bought a new battery and managed to get home. After testing there was no alternator output. Belts were ok so I now have the unit apart on the bench for testing. Have bought a replacement anyways ready to fit. Hope your issue is a simple problem to resolve.

I had same recently. Gradually all lights came on, faded and eventually everything including the gauges died. Being on the spot and having very few tools I want and bought a new battery and managed to get home. After testing there was no alternator output. Belts were ok so I now have the unit apart on the bench for testing. Have bought a replacement anyways ready to fit. Hope your issue is a simple problem to resolve.

my batteries are new so i know it cannot be them i will check my alternator to see if there's any output

When I put the new battery in everything started and ran perfect (no dash lights) so I was just running off the fresh charge in the battery. My brushes are worn so will reassemble and check the output. I'm trying to find where I can get the Denco regulator assembly to just replace the unit and brushes whole and keep the original alternator as a spare.

When I put the new battery in everything started and ran perfect (no dash lights) so I was just running off the fresh charge in the battery. My brushes are worn so will reassemble and check the output. I'm trying to find where I can get the Denco regulator assembly to just replace the unit and brushes whole and keep the original alternator as a spare.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
so ive checked the alternator its fine 13 .89 when its ticking over but i noticed when the flashing lights are on its not charging but when the flashing lights go out its charging something else i think could be wrong? a relay or something is working intermittently

Have you checked the engine diagnostics?

I've stripped mine down and am looking for the alternator Regulator/Brush assembly suppliers..... Anyone?

IMG_2312.JPG
IMG_2313.JPG

I have purchased another Alternator but would like to get this one going again.

I saw that some genuine parts are quite pricey. Is there any advantage? The alternator pattern parts are cheap and relatively easy to access and change and I'd rather use any savings to put toward upgrade other areas of the truck like suspension which I'd have to get a garage to do.

I saw that some genuine parts are quite pricey. Is there any advantage? The alternator pattern parts are cheap and relatively easy to access and change and I'd rather use any savings to put toward upgrade other areas of the truck like suspension which I'd have to get a garage to do.
It all boils down to the saying "you get what you pay for" or "you buy cheap you buy twice" Personally IMHO I dont like 'aftermarket' and try to buy 'Genuine' whenever posible.

Back