Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Decided I Will Sell After All

stuzbot

Well folks, followers of my adventures will know I've been falling in and out of love with my Land Cruiser like a bleedin' weather vane over the past few months.

At the moment, after doing my first 100km mission in it, I'd say I'm definitely swinging to the 'hearts and flowers' side of the tempestuous relationship, rather than the 'Basil Fawlty and a large branch' one. That said, however:

I'm moving house next week --about 130 miles away and having to take all my worldly good in a fairly small van. So I'm looking at 2, or possibly even 3 such trips, just to get my 'stuff' to the new gaff. Then, if I still have my Collie, I'd have to get a train back, pick the Cruiser up and do the drive back again --for the 3rd or 4th time. Arrrgh!

So, for purely logistical reasons, I've decided to let the fates decide whether or not to keep my Land Cruiser. I've reduced the price to an absolute steal at £2750...

...which, as the saying goes is "Cahtin' me own 'froat!".

I've given @Junaid cruiser man first dibs, as he was the first to ask me about a price. But, if he's not interested, it's open to all. I don't *need* to sell it. I'm perfectly willing to keep it and continue to fix it up and improve it. But I'm trying to be realistic and imagine the hassles it's going to be having to come back and pick it up again, after several days of weary driving. So no offers or anything like that £2750 is the bottom line and, if no-one fancies it, I'll just pop a load of ProPlus and do the driving marathon.

One other caveat: If anyone's interested, you'll need to collect it [from central Manchester] this weekend, or very early next week at the latest. Because I'll have far too much going on after that. PM me if interested.

Can take you for a text drive and it's taxed and MOT'd til mid January. So a 'drive away' bargain.

Been following your trials and tribulations over the last few weeks. I think it was the sump plug that might have been the final nail in the coffin. GLWS and hopefully you'll find a good one in the future. Been welding, wire brushing and painting my chassis so have an idea what you went through, thanks for sharing all the gory details.

Ach. I dunno. The sump plug thing was just more of an annoyance than anything else -- that such an insignificant wee part could keep me off the road for a week, while I tried to find a replacement. Deciding to sell the truck really is just a logistics thing, as I'm going to be in full 'blue-arsed fly' mode next week as it is, without an extra vehicle to shepherd to the new stuzbot HQ.

Thanks. I've got a feeling I"m going to end up taking the LC with me anyway. But, I thought I'd let the roulette wheel of fate decide for me, as I can't make up my mind one way or the other whether to keep it or not.

Remember you could probably hire a parking space for a few quid for a couple of weeks where you could leave it, then come back and collect it once things have calmed down a bit. That way, the show could go on... :) (eg your parking space app)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I know that feeling hanging on to an lc for the sake of it. Anyway, as youre moving upmarket property wise, your 90 might be worth more there ?

I know how you feel Stuzbot. I am thinking of selling mine(have been for about a year if I'm honest) but then I drive it or tow my caravan with it and I start to think" What am I selling it for and just what do I get instead!" Good luck with the move and keeping/selling the Cruiser.

PS if you do keep it could you not lay it up and get a runaround so its a work in progress and not so much pressure to complete it?

I suppose moving/lc problems couldnt have come at a worse time together, moving is always stressful and expensive, without repairs/laying up to think about.

Reading between the lines . . . .

What you need is a kind LCC Member to pick you up from your new abode and take you back to where you left the '90' - in a nice, comfy Landcruiser of course.

Viewpoint will change with the stress removed !

Bob.

Stuz flip a coin if the coin lands on its edge then by all means sell it as you could end up in a plaster cast where you have kicked yourself so hard you would have broken your own leg because you sold it aaaand I need some written work to read

Back