Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Devils pit.

greengrass

Country Flag
england
Thinking about taking a trip to devils pit this sunday 24th march.
Wondered if its worth going and if anyone else was heading down there in there cruiser???

I have been there twice in the past, and it does have some interesting bits which are quite extreme. I did however not enjoy the white clay like soil which stuck to everything and was a nightmare to get off. Lot's of SJ's and beat up Discoveries and Range Rovers.

Overall good fun though

I went on youtube and noticed all the beat up disco's going round.

My swb Collie is also my daily runner so not looking to be overly brave or stupid, just fitted some new grabber at's and wanted to try them out.
Got them fitted to my 'Lux they're great around a building site.

They do have less extreme sections which are ok. I would say risk of damage is quite low as there arnt too many trees etc but some of the folk there were a bit stupid, so just need to be careful

We or more 'I' rolled a RR there about 15 years ago! In a water filled ditch....... Got a bit carried away and blew the motor...............happy days!
Steve

OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully I won't be putting a similar post on here next week :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Me and Sluug at a rather snowy devils pit today :icon-biggrin:

Attachments

• sluug 001.jpg
    sluug 001.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 119
Got on ok, although I'm thinking I need more ground clearance.
It was really greasy and slippery,lots of water in the ruts and holes.
With the snow about it was difficult to see the poor signage and also the tracks themselves. There was a group of guys with modified Suzies who must know the pit very well,either that or they just didn't care what damage they did. They were flying around some of the obsticles.

Sluug behaved very well only needed rear diff lock once, that might have been my fault though :oops:

Only the ones on my profile, sadly no shots of sluug in the muddy stuff.My co-pilot didn't fancy getting out with the camera.

Back