Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diff and T case filler plugs

LeCruiser

Garage
My filler plugs are well not quite 24mm anymore and seen better days. I have a modified 15/16ths socket which seems to fit but would really like to change the plugs for new ones. Anyone got any links or best place to get these? Thanks

Not that expensive from Mr T.

I replaced two of mine but cant find the invoice.

Try buying the ones with magnets. Probably a little more expensive, but anything that attracts the swarf ,can,t be bad.

Roger

i use the 15/16 socket but i cut the end 1/8" off so you get full bit on the plug instead of the tapered part of the socket.
makes them last MUCH longer.
or
you can weld a thicker nut to them before installing...

Although the 15/16" socket is fractionally smaller than the correct 24mm sized item, and may help if the plug has damaged corners, a better bet is to use a single hex socket, especially if it is of the newer design, i.e. where the corners have been removed so that the load is taken more on the flat and not on the damage prone tips of the plug.

Roger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, I have a set of the hex sockets... The 24 was too big and a 23 too small as the plug has corroded over time ;) so the 15/16ths was a perfect fit, I've also ground it down to remove the bevel so gets a better grip. Will go and get some new ones anyway as 1 is completely rounded off.

Back