Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diff Drop.....Jon

Having just had an email from Christo at Slee I have been told that he is more than happy to send my diff drop anywhere in the world BUT I have to pay a 3% surcharge as I will be paying with an international credit card. Now I know retailers are charged for having the use of a credit card macjhine but I have never been told by any retailer in the world he is going to charge me a % as I am using an international card.

I really do feel quite pissed off if honest hence the little rant. I also think he is missing a trick as he is always keen to help with information but when it comes to the buying process always manages to put you off.

I think I might just go with the Bumpitoffroad diff drop instead which is alot cheaper and they guys there seem very friendly. http://www.bumpitoffroad.com/products/1 ... /info.html

That is unless you think otherwise.

Christo Slee has been doing that for years and years, and is a bone of contention everywhere besides the US! Pity really.

What makes it worse for me is that he is a fellow ex South African and we look after each other where we can but you just got the sense he is in it for the money now...pity.

warrenpfo said:
What makes it worse for me is that he is a fellow ex South African and we look after each other where we can but you just got the sense he is in it for the money now...pity.
Following postings about Slee on mud for a few years, it doesn't seem that they are overcharging in any way. They have some unique products, and it might be better for all of us in the long run that they do make enough to keep up the good work. If they have extra costs with export and foreign cards, it is fair that we cover some of that.
It seems that export is not an easy thing for the US based firms. Their financial systems are also a bit backwards (or set up for protectionism).

AFAIK they are the same, the spare diff cross member I have came from a diesel and it's exactly the same as the diff cross member that came off my petrol 100.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back