Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Disappearing New Threads and Unread Issues.

I was wondering if it was since the upgrade. IIRC, it was around October but not convinced (short memory). Will have a look in the logs to see when it was upgraded.

Wow thanks for going to so much trouble all of you. :text-thankyouyello::bow-yellow:

Bet you wish I'd stayed a green oval driver now :laughing-rolling:

What's going on? 'Unread Posts' has disappeared.

Last edited:
Crispin, in Admin CP>Settings>Options>General Settings>Thread/Forum Read Marking Type, have you got it set to Inactivity/Cookie Based?

Setting it that way will mean threads only 'disappear' after each users cookie times out :thumbup:

That's a bad setting to have. Each time it times out, then all user's threads are marked as read.
That is/was the default option when installed and I changed it to DB because it then gets marked as and when you read it instead of just a timeout which caused a lot of complaints.

Okay, to keep everyone happy just add a drop down to the 'New Posts' button.
Since Last Visit
Last Day
Last 2 Days
Etc

You can also add to the bottom of the same drop down:-
My Posts
My Threads

That way you can remove the 'Today's Posts' button you created and everyone will be happy :thumbup:

In the My Posts & My Threads examples above, just substitute my actual user ID for {bbuserinfo.userid}

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My button for "view unread posts" has vanished.
A largish button across the top.

Gra

Have a look under the "Forum" button, third link across. It's there, same thing.

It's still there. Does the same thing. The button did nothing else other than show the posts. I want to remove the others up top as well like service manuals and user map because on small screens they bunch up. Just need to find some time :|

posts.png

It's still there. Does the same thing. The button did nothing else other than show the posts....
It's getting a little confusing up there with New Posts, Today's Posts, Unread Posts, What's New.... was my suggestion missed? It would certainly make things a lot tidier, drop down from one button and be intuitive :thumbup:

.... Just need to find some time :icon-neutral:
Delegate.... surely there are others who can make this small change?

Yes, it's still there when I first log in but as soon as I click on the 'unread posts' button it disappears never to return, that is until the next time I log in. :angry-screaming:
It is still there Chas, but you have to click the Forum button (top left) first to make it reappear.... all very 'clunky' :(

It is still there Chas, but you have to click the Forum button (top left) first to make it reappear.... all very 'clunky' :(

So now I have an extra button to press, whoopee, I can hardly contain my excitement, :whistle: what's wrong with leaving it as it was?

If it ain't broke fix it anyway :whistle:

Sorry Cris, can't please all the people all the time, but I do think it was OK as it was.... JMO

Back