Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Do I take the risk

Grantw17

Country Flag
wales
Hi all . Currently in talks with the owner of this 80 . Looks in fairly nice condition but on the higher mileage side . What do you guys think ? Says he done all the engine work himself but has invoices for parts . Pictures show a fully body respray and the underside has been painted although looks to be sprayed as the exhaust has overspray on it . Any advice is always appreciated

As things are in the market at the moment you've got to assess it in the flesh. Get rid of the daft tyres and get it back nearer to standard and it'll have a wider appeal.
Looks worth every penny of £10k to me with the bodywork good.

I’d as him if he has other photos of the truck during repairs, and before, especially the front of he wing and lower rear quarter repairs. I’d say he knows what he is doing if it’s him who has done the pain and repairs, windows out show it’s not just a quick tart up job to sell. Make sure you do a deep inspection all round and underneath, round the inside of the rear arches, sills rear lower quarters and body mounts. Good luck it looks nice!

Looks good, but definitely worth seeing in the flesh before taking a punt.

TBH mileage would concern me a bit, as its knocking on 400,000 miles - looks like the guys knows bodywork (if he did it himself) but no guarantee on quality of the spanner work until you see and drive it.

Something weird though... MOT history shows it did 70,000 miles in 2019 if the history is correct. That's three laps of the planet...

.... and 70,000 the year before? Something is definitely fishy...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
.... and 70,000 the year before? Something is definitely fishy...
That’s sucking some diesel!

Checking the v5 this guy had it since April, likely bought it as a “do upper”
Nothing bad in the mot history so definitely worth looking at, and if the work done is good in current market I think it’s a good price. Check what has been done to the engine and running gear with his receipts, his pictures are at Toyota so if it’s where he works hopefully the work done is correct

What jake said on his first post.
Go over it with a magnifying glass..

Mileage is in Ks.

There are some pictures of it in his Facebook profile, it looks decent before it’s paintwork refresh

It actually reads in the ad as a tad under 400k km which would be about 240k miles. If the body work has been done properly you could not get anywhere near that price if you bought a scruffy vehicle and then paid a paint shop /restorer. Can't think you would be far off if you did most of the work DIY. I wonder what the interior is like? Good luck.

I'd be looking to see why its not got original side steps on ( possible inner sill repairs) and what was done to the front wings as at that age and mileage I'd expect them to need repairs/ replacement. Still, its a GX which doesn't have a sun roof which in my opinion is an advantage if the air con works. Looks to have seat covers on, maybe even Escape gear. I'd expect everything to work as it should, and if it did I can't see a problem, a good solid turn key and go 80 series for not an unreasonable price.

427317F7-F2DE-45F2-8AC6-462A54503191.png

I bought a freshly repainted car once. First week of rain and the salt and water came through the paint like mushrooms.

Sorry guys , it’s been a busy few days . Yes I bought the truck . 400k miles but the body work is immaculate , underside has been treated but I can see a few areas that need to be treated so may strip it all back and do it again . Engine pulls with no issues . It’s an Amazon model so has cruise , heated seats , aircon but no leather sadly . Main bonuses are … triple locked and manual . Plus it was only 8k so it was a no brainier for me . Again sorry I didn’t reply , between work commitments , house issues and trying to get the truck ….. it’s been a nightmare

£8K? Looks like a bargain if its as good as it looks. Good on you, Grant!

And some of us don't have facebook so still haven't seen it .

There's a picture of it up the page Shayne

Back