Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Do you need a house sitter?

moggy1968

Me, and the family have just finished our first house sit looking after a wee doggy and a cat which was very successful and are now looking for another, anything over 2 weeks between now and May, looking at within 120 miles of St Albans preferably.

So if you want someone to look after your house/ pets / kids / truck while you're away, let me know.

Me, and the family have just finished our first house sit looking after a wee doggy and a cat which was very successful and are now looking for another, anything over 2 weeks between now and May, looking at within 120 miles of St Albans preferably.

So if you want someone to look after your house/ pets / kids / truck while you're away, let me know.
Good on 'yer' Moggy.. A friend of mine does that ooop! in the Newark area she looks after Houses Horses kids dogs you name it.. Shes made a very good living out of it.. Good luck to 'Ya' Mate...

So I pay you to live in my house, use my electric/gas, shit in my toilet, sit in my favourite arm chair, eat my food, drink my beer AND.. drive my cruiser..
I bet your looking for another..!

:)

If you promise to bring your spanners Moggy i will see if i can convince the mrs to come live in a tent with me for a month and leave you a "to do" list :D

Good luck with it though i'm sure there's plenty out there that could do with a break "if only we had someone to take care of things while we were away"

If you promise to bring your spanners Moggy i will see if i can convince the mrs to come live in a tent with me for a month and leave you a "to do" list :D

Good luck with it though i'm sure there's plenty out there that could do with a break "if only we had someone to take care of things while we were away"
You don’t want me let loose with spanners!
It’s very handy for people who want someone to look after the house while their away and maybe their animals, much better option than kennels etc.
We aren’t paid, we provide our own food and don’t drink your beer. The last one we did we actually left them a bottle of gin, milk in the fridge and bread plus some other useful bits, oh and stocked up the dogs treats! So it’s actually a very cost effect (and kinder) way to look after your pets. We also did a thorough clean of the house before we left and washed all the bed linen and towels!

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You don’t want me let loose with spanners!
It’s very handy for people who want someone to look after the house while their away and maybe their animals, much better option than kennels etc.
We aren’t paid, we provide our own food and don’t drink your beer. The last one we did we actually left them a bottle of gin, milk in the fridge and bread plus some other useful bits, oh and stocked up the dogs treats! So it’s actually a very cost effect (and kinder) way to look after your pets. We also did a thorough clean of the house before we left and washed all the bed linen and towels!
There is another thing though called workaway where people basically do just that, but then you have to feed them as well!

Incidentally, you can get house sits all over the world so it can be quite a good way to go and see another country cheaply.

We also did a thorough clean of the house before we left and washed all the bed linen and towels!
If you’re going to do that it’s Worth us living in a tent for a week just to get the house cleaned. :lol: But seriously, you could get some good ones. I can’t remember if it’s Daltons Weekly or ‘The Lady’ that folks advertise in for this sort of thing.

Interesting. We're 10 minutes from St Albans with two dogs (vicious, man-eating dogs for the wanna-be robbers!). Kennels is always a PIA when we go away.

Might be an option for the next trip. So it's just the you live here while we're gone?

Interesting. We're 10 minutes from St Albans with two dogs (vicious, man-eating dogs for the wanna-be robbers!). Kennels is always a PIA when we go away.

Might be an option for the next trip. So it's just the you live here while we're gone?
Me the missus and our 18 year old and 8year old. Very good with animals, the folks have always had dogs and the wife worked on the collective farm when she was younger.
We’re all very clean in our habits!:D
I work at Radlett:thumbup:

If you’re going to do that it’s Worth us living in a tent for a week just to get the house cleaned. :lol: But seriously, you could get some good ones. I can’t remember if it’s Daltons Weekly or ‘The Lady’ that folks advertise in for this sort of thing.
We are on some websites, which is where we picked up the last one. There’s loads out there but some just want one person or a couple, but I figured it might be something people on here might be interested in as I know a lot have animals which can make holidays problematic.

Didn't know you were local

Didn't know you were local
Kind of all over, we’re kind of based in Norfolk with my folks at the moment as we’re having a year off, so the house sitting is a way of giving everyone a bit of a break and preventing a murder! Hoping to be back on the road in May.

Back