Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Does anybody have a 3.0L Manual transmission LJ78 for sale?

kamalsrana

Garage
Country Flag
kenya
I am looking for one.

Please let me know if somone is willing to let go of theirs.

Rgds
Kamal.

Re: Does anybody have a 3.0L Manual transmission LJ78 for sa

Hi Kamal

Geordie_Boy may be worth contacting, think he's here somewhere.

Only thing that I would say is that 3.0 78's now seem to be matching 3.0 90/95'sin price - certainly the ones on fleabay seem to be £3000+ , although maybe thats a time of year thing.

I sold my 2.4 Lte engined 78 for £1500, and have seen similar go for sub-£2000 -it may be viable to buy one and drop in a 3.0 Kz engine, then sell off the 2.4 lump - plenty doing it.

I also thought that all 78's were automatic, it could be that you need a UK spec Landcruiser II to get a manual, rocking horse and poo spring to mind.

Pete

Hello pete,

Cheers I will try and contact Geordie_boy.

I have an old MK 2 Pickup, 1986, we are planning to graft a few bits from the LJ78 to produce a better stronger rolling chasis.

Cheers.

Sounds like you are stripping the more expensive vehicle to keep the cheaper one going?

If its the engine/gearbox you need then a surf may be a better option, far more common and have the same 3.0 kzt engine if you get the right model years, and they seem cheaper.

Good luck.

Pete

I would also suggest dropping the KZJ78 idea. The UK market version of the surf; the 4runner, has mechanical fuel injection which means just 4 wires in the loom as opposed to over 20 in the EFI Surf's (and KZJ78's) wiring loom. The 4runner will also be much easier to find with a manual 'box.

Good luck
Jim.

wobbly said:
Sounds like you are stripping the more expensive vehicle to keep the cheaper one going?

If its the engine/gearbox you need then a surf may be a better option, far more common and have the same 3.0 kzt engine if you get the right model years, and they seem cheaper.

Good luck.

Pete

I agree, my Son is in love with the MK 2 and logic does not appeal to him, it was his first vehicle so he really wants to restore it and what not.

Thanks for your advice I will pass it on.

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jimbo4x4 said:
I would also suggest dropping the KZJ78 idea. The UK market version of the surf; the 4runner, has mechanical fuel injection which means just 4 wires in the loom as opposed to over 20 in the EFI Surf's (and KZJ78's) wiring loom. The 4runner will also be much easier to find with a manual 'box.

Good luck
Jim.

I agree, Thanks for your advice I will pass it on.

Cheers

Back