Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dome light not working when on only turns on when door is open and in door mode

Brad721

Country Flag
australia
I have a 2019 79 Landcruiser dual cab
I got an over head console so am upgrading the dome light I blew the fuse when doing this and replaced fuse
but since then I cannot get constant power through the same existing wires unless I open the doors
There are only two wires coming out from the roof
Any one why this would be happening ??

Upgrading it how exactly ?

I've never really thought about it but the courtesy must have both a mechanical and an electric switch/solenoid .

Got a over head console and came with a Narva led light that replaces the old light
And yea I wondered if someone had any idea if a relay or solanoid was gone and where it would be
cause the switch on the old light it so basic just a plain three way switch but the power from somewere further down doesn’t come through the wiring unless the doors are open

As your old light had 3 way switching, i.e. off/on with doors shut/on when doors open, has your new switch in console only 2 way switching ?
If so the problem is the type of switch as you are still using the same original 2 wires ?
Are the courtesy switches in the door shuts 'sticky' ?

The original has a green board doesn't it ? so i'd expect a permanent live feed . Show us your new switch or a link to where you bought it .

It has a three way switch I’m going to run the new light through but I put the old light back on to see if that would work and when it’s on the on switch doesn’t work but the door switch does only when doors open
What is a green board sorry
And no nothings sticky

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I meant like a motherboard but it seems they don't have one and instead the metal strips in the base divert power depending on where the switch is .

Does it sound like that is broken then do you think as I am toatally stumped and don’t even know where to start looking to repair
And yea the switch at the roof seems so basic I don’t think that switch is the issue

Put the original light back in and if it works then the problem is obviously with your new light

I did that and the exact same issue is happening with the old light now so I think I have tripped a second fuse I can’t find or relay or something else is having issues but I’m not any auto elec so no idea

Back