Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

door hinges

theboocrew

How difficult is it to replace the back door bottom hinge on a colly I assume its a toyota only part. Anyone got an idea of how much they cost? just so I know whether to sit down before I phone to order one or not!

It appears to have a guide price of 108 Euros !

TailgateAssembly-1KZJ95.jpg

TailgateAssembly-2KZJ95.jpg

Lower hinge Part Number is: 68803A 68801-60030.

So you probably should sit down before ordering :lol: .

There have been a couple of threads on replacing them - here or elsewhere - Not too difficult I believe. You will have to support the door somehow, A ratchet strap from a garage roof truss should work.

Bob.

Hi there, Steve gives a good description here of whats involved,
Check Here -- viewtopic.php?f=14&t=161&p=979
I replaced mine last year aswell and it was done in minutes, and Mr.T is probably still smiling counting my money (£60+ each approx) but it stopped all that banging coming from the back, just do one hinge at a time and as steve and bob said support and secure the door and you should have no problem.
you could try from a breaker but check they're not worn aswell before you hand over cash. From memory both hinges are identicle even though Mr.T shows them separate, anyway I'd start with Mr.T to get the info first,
......... Bob

Try the washer fix first, or swapping the hinges (top & bottom), before spending money.

It it worth taking a worn set and seeing if they can be rebuilt? That way we could generate a spare set that could be swapped out and the worn ones reconditioned again ready for the next owner? Is it a case of machining a new pin - or an oversized pin perhaps? I'd suggest we could do it cheaper than buying new hinges each time.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looking at it a roll pin should work. The hinge is a pressed affair so any good machine shop should be able to drill it out to a slightly larger diameter to take out the wear and fit a new pin. Mmm sounds like a plan, all I need now is another hinge to experiment on. :think:

Back