Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

double din ?

If I was going to the trouble of fitting a 7 inch screen, I may be tempted to look out for a navi system built in.

Gra

I hear you Graham but my phone has nav/maps app which plays thru Bluetooth anyway so its not so much of an issue.

One of my pet hates with modern car audio, is the absence of a big rotary volume knob.

Nothing more irritating when driving and one has to take ones eyes off road to try and find the button or icon to reduce volume.

Gary820 original post on his double din looks good and had a large volume rotary. m2c

I was seriously tempted by the JVC one that Gary has as it was on offer at Halfrauds on Xmas Eve, but then I got to thinking about the reverse camera etc - she is a big old girl (and so is my 80!!!) and hitching up trailer etc by yourself is always a PITA. So a double din with an input/screen would be good.

Guys, side issue I thought wasn't worth a fresh thread - the factory electric aerial on mine is mast-less. Has the up and down switch on the dash and the motor whirrs. I can see several types of replacement mast on fleabay which are apparently at least half the MrT price. Does anyone know whether a 1996 80 mast would have a toothed or toothless drive cable (the white nylon bit)? I don't want to pay over the odds for a non-critical part, but neither do I want to be left with a useless ornament!!
If it helps, the top nut is about 22mm diameter with the four indentations.
Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Really being tempted by this:-
http://caraudiosecurity.com/avh-x3500dab-double-din-dvd-monitor-bluetooth-dab
under £300 with a DAB aerial, and I could get some readies back on the Parrot kit that is already in the car. Shame really as I like the mki9200 kit but I really would rather have a DAB+rear camera input therefore I need it to have a screen, and of course the Bluetooth comes with the cheapest model.
There is one on ebay but with no fitting kit/fascia and apparently scratched, may be more trouble than it is worth. So may go new if I can raise the readies...
Hmmm

Yeah it's not too bad, although no nice volume knob on it. Bit appalled at the cost, although it will do everything I need it to in one us it as I can stream satnav/maps from my phone as I do now. It does seem to look fairly subtle when off if you know what I mean.

Hope so Gary.
Arrives Monday with any luck.
Just trying to decide on the "right" rear camera

Rear camera, I've got one of those audible systems. Makes a right noise when the tow bar hits whatever object is there :lol:

Lol
I will be using for hitching up (and parking obviously).
Have got some "previous" with Mrs JB's car so need one!!

I have clipped the bumper on a post reversing, didn't see it! Did worse to the other side off road though kinda evens it up back there!!!!

I added a rear camera to the Garmin, on the 100. The widest cameras are 170 deg, and if you want to see the trailer ball, the only place for a camera is under the upper tailgate, e.g. between the license lights. But with the camera that low, you can't see the corners, and still risk hitting something, but still you would see a child e.g., so that's the most important issue covered. Furthermore, with the camera tilted down to see the ball, you can't see straight backwards, it's too low. Moving the camera to the top of the tailgate, you would see the corners and straight back, but not the trailer hook...
So, I guess two cameras and a switch is the way...

Has anyone seen one of these in the flesh?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWF-Car-...Technology&hash=item5d40a12c29#ht_4953wt_1059

according to the size they are too big to fit where the original numberplate light goes?

I've sold a few of those cheaper double din units & had one in my 80 & they do everything you want but the sound quality isn't the best.
My lad has a Pioneer one & it's much much better - but three times the price!

cheers
Chris

Back