Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Early Winter Camp - 11-13 Nov 22 - Fotheringhay nr Peterborough

Pleased to report that a pristine and well-stocked Portaloo has made it on site. Now raid your piggy banks and empty your centre consoles and have a look under the seats for any loose change. I've already made a dent.

IMG_20221111_142602648.jpg

Just arrived. When you go past the church keep driving straight on to the dirt road.

Doh!! Plans have been scuppered.
Can't make this now. Catch you all at the next one!

Well you ordered the sunshine Jacob…hopefully you booked it for the whole weekend!

No matter how many hands I grow!!! ain't gunna make it till dark dark, see you guys later.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
F*#*^ CARS.
On the way, now 40 Miles from home!
The truck's coughing and spluttering.
SEE ttached a video.
Put some fuel in from can in the dbloody dark before I left.
ANY ideas guys???
I do NOT want to conk out on the bloody A1M.!!!

Now back.... nearly 3 bloody hours to limp back!!!
Anyone want to buy an 80 series.
Done with it!

Sorry Nick..... this was ya tea tomorrow!

Attachments

• 20221111_212545.jpg
    20221111_212545.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 25
F*#*^ CARS.
On the way, now 40 Miles from home!
The truck's coughing and spluttering.
SEE ttached a video.
Put some fuel in from can in the dbloody dark before I left.
ANY ideas guys???
I do NOT want to conk out on the bloody A1M.!!!
Shite fuel in the can?
Stick with it. Fuel issue should be single. Swap filter check sock filter etc.
I e had plenty of limping home due to cooking oil.

Yeah but you see it still got you home. Many many others would simply have shut down due to all them lectricks and wizards in the little brain boxes under the bonnet.

Yeah but you see it still got you home. Many many others would simply have shut down due to all them lectricks and wizards in the little brain boxes under the bonnet

.......then the dealer would have your pants down to fix it.
I had a short "limp home" situation years ago when poor quality bio diesel blocked the fuel filter. At least the filter did it's job and a new one restored normality.

Well..... after some sleep and a better frame of mind, up first thing to try and resolve, before I unpacked the truck again!
Although it soon dawned on me, that my first thoughts of the 'paper clip trick' on the fuel pump relay was obviously not going to work!!
However, I was able to pull all the fuel out via the fuel pipe on the filter head with a small 12v electric pump I have.
Put a new fuel filter on and some fresh diesel.
Went great for about 5 miles!!!!
So, second time in a row the trucks let me down going to a LC meet.
I'm just assuming that it didn't drain the tank enough that way, probably shit or water still sitting in the tank sump which is getting drawn through as the fuel sloshes about!
I guess I'm just going to have to find out how to drop the tank to drain it completely.
Pretty cheese'd off because the weather's fantastic up there. But hey-ho, I suppose that's the result of a vehicle sitting around not being used!!
Enjoy the weekend guys.

Attachments

• 20221112_102314.jpg
    20221112_102314.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 18
.......then the dealer would have your pants down to fix it.
I had a short "limp home" situation years ago when poor quality bio diesel blocked the fuel filter. At least the filter did it's job and a new one restored normality.

I hoped that a new filter would've resolved it and happily been on my way..... unfortunately, not this time.
In fact it got worse, I only just manged to struggle up the hill near home, in first gear!!
Now just hoping it's nothing serious!!

Actually.... any thoughts on whether this could be more than just a fuel issue?

Last edited:
Back