Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Econ*Lock

uHu

Supporter
Country Flag
norway
I haven't seen anything on this forum on the case of Econ*Lock vs t0yota. Over here it's one of the biggest issues in the 200 section of the national LC-forum. There's a pan-European (at least) movement to get t0yota to admit a design fault in the programming of the auto-box, and in particular the lock-up. Many have converted to (installed) Econ*Lock and reported great fuel savings and better drivability. TMC has finally approved of the conversion, on the condition of the owner giving up the warranty on the box. It looks like there is some movement now within TMC to get them to either support the conversion fully, or to come with their own modification/reprogramming.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is something like this for the 150. Still convinced my gearbox is connected with those little red elastic bands the postie drops...

I guess you have to import it from austria, and to find a mechanic who equip your car...

Pieter there's a thread on LCCSA about long-term reliability on 200s where it's being discussed - apparently works well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I wonder if there is something like this for the 150. Still convinced my gearbox is connected with those little red elastic bands the postie drops...

Maybe it's a Toyota thing - all the 100s I've been in seemed to spend far too much time thrashing the TC where my Merc gearbox would have locked long before.

Maybe it's a Toyota thing - all the 100s I've been in seemed to spend far too much time thrashing the TC where my Merc gearbox would have locked long before.
Cruising along and the slightest change in incline and it either kicks down or unlocks. I've brought it up a number of times and it's always "that's how it is" :|
Keeping the speed above 70 minimises the effect :icon-twisted:

Works for me, not sure the 5-0 will be so happy though. :lol:

Once it's locked in top mine's ok, you can squeeze the throttle on quite hard before it drops. It's more the intermediate gears at lower speed, small throttle openings that bothers me. I'm starting to see why the 200 owners would get so annoyed as it seems to be even worse under the circumstances.

Back