Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Elecrical and Idling Issues with 92' 3FE

Gpotashnick

Country Flag
united_states
New to the forum, hello all. I am stationed out here in good ol Guam and recently came across this land cruiser being sold locally by an individual who was working on restoring it but needed money, daughter getting license, didnt want to drive it, etc etc. The truck I knew was going to need some work, but the drive train seemed to be sound on the test drive, so I went for it. Finally got my 80 series! As of late, some issues have been popping up that I could use the help of any SME's out there, since I'm sort of on my own out here. Firstly, the truck idles kind of high, around 1 and a half to 2. Jumps down to 1 when in gear but shoots back up in N or Park. It performs sluggishly until i get the RPMS up to around 2, then you can feel it catch. One of the first things I did was a tune up, and after identifying a few leaky injectors, my friend and I replaced all 6 injectors which, no more leak, and it seemed to be more responsive from the bottom up, now I feel like its back to being kind of muddy. Lastly, the thing that I really dont get (not an automotive electrician) is that it has on 2 occasions completely died while driving. I replaced the EFI main relay and then noticed that the 15A EFI fuse was popped. Well after I replaced that fuse it started up and died again 5miles later, died. Burnt fuse. Switched it out, TRIED to start it, burnt THAT fuse, switched it out, started it, got it home with no horn or headlights and my fingers crossed lol. I recently this is a long winded post but I'm hoping some of these things are within my means of addressing. I dont want my pants pulled down at some local mech shop so any help or direction would be greatly appreciated gents. Thanks

Welcome to the forum GP!

Most of us are oil burners here, but there are some petrol heads lurking. Someone sensible will be along soon I hope.

A few photos of the FE won't go amiss and some of Guam, we like photos...:whistle:

Back