Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electric Aerial wiring

Seabreezesports

Country Flag
uk
The reception on the old aerial was dire . On removal \I found the coax junction to the main body broken and corroded.
My problem is the old aerial had a 6 pin plug and the new one only 3 wires . Question what goes where ?

Thanks

Is the new one a Toyota replacement for the original, bought from your chassis number? Or is it an aftermarket one?

All years of the 100 had the same 6 wires, but, looking at the diagram, they are organized into :
- 2 conductors for the antenna motor
- 1 shielded cable containing 3 conductors + shield:
+voltage for signal amplifier,
antenna signal and
antenna signal ground​
- 1 ground/earth/zero, which also connects to the shield of the shielded cable.

PS
@Crispin : Trying to upload a jpg picture, but getting only an error message saying:
"The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file."
Tried drag-and-drop and the Upload button.

Thanks for your help. It is an after market I will have another butchers once the rain goes vertical

You may need to remove the control board from the auto aerial to give you two wires direct to the motor. Identify the two wires Uhu mentions using a multimeter and someone pushing the buttons (if you have them like the 80 does). They will be +\- one button and -/+ the other. TBH after trying an after market replacement on my 80 this time I’ve gone OE from Amayama. More money but more robust. The aftermarket one broke in the middle after being hit.

Back