Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electrical help please

warrenpfo

I have now fitted and wired my new ARB drive and indicator combination light to the bar. They are these ones.

$T2eC16dHJGwE9n)yUstuBRE,G!5K)g~~60_35.JPG

They are rated as follows,
WattageFront Position: 1.8W
Front Direction Indicator:3.7W

They have a common earth and a positive for each side. I T'ed off the positive for the indicator and positive for the drive lights.

The indicators work great and when i had only one wired up the drive lights worked too BUT on wiring up the second one when i put the drive light on it blows the 15amp tail light fuse. I replaced the fuse with a 20amp fuse but it blue that too.

What could be wrong? I can only think the wiring but its so simple so cant see where i went wrong.

When I connected it direct to a battery it all works. Admittedly there is no fuse involved but don't think that should matter.

I will have to go over my wiring again as its the only place I can see here being a problem

Just to update and put this to bed.

I had neglected to inspect one of my solders and it had a sharp corner which on taping the two wires together punctured the tape and caused a short. That will teach me not to be through but i had thought it was good.

All working now:dance:

Good to hear that you have fixed the issue. Leakage of current is the main cause for these types of issues. Always tape all the wires and make sure you have never damaged any wire during installation.

Back