Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electricity problem

Conrad-BJ70

Garage
Country Flag
malta
I have a problem with my truck. Sometimes when I'm driving I hear a ticking sound (like the one the indicator makes when switched). Sometimes the battery on the dashboard lights up for an instant when this happens. This morning I noticed that the head-lights dim and sometimes the stereo goes off (just for a split of a second)too.

Any ideas?

I will be taking it to the electrician soon after my mechanic fixes some oil seals which I am waiting for from Toyota...

Does it happen when you drive on a rough road or over a bump / through a pot hole? I had a similar problem when I was driving on rough tracks with the headlights flickering and eventually going off completely. I also had a ticking noise which was the relay opening and closing. The problem was an old and worn power supply wire from the battery. When it was bounced around the connection would come and go. The problem was solved by replacing this wire.

Thanks....will check it out. The thing is....ALL the roads are bumpy in Malta! :|

Sorry for taking so long. I had the truck looked at by an electrician. The problem was the earth wire. Apparently it had a loose contact and was making the alternator go berserk.

Back