Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine Oil Capacity

sherqa

Hi everyone :hand: , I have bought Land Cruiser 2001 GXR 6 Cylinder last year 4 times I changed the oil with 7 Litres and checked the dipstick its shows at the Full Level, last week I went to new mechanic and he insist that all land cruiser of the same model capacity is 8 Liters and he filled it with 8 Liters and he checked the dipstick within less than 2 Minutes it showed at the Full Level but I was not satisfied, so next morning I checked the Oil and it was above the level by 1cm, I went back to him and told him but he again telling that don't worry its normal, but I came home and myself remove 1 Litre, so now it shows the correct level. Please advise if anyone have the same model let me know the exact capacity, if I am wrong. (I think it will leak or damage the engine if overfilled).

What engine have you got? Petrol or Diesel :confusion-shrug:

If it's the diesel (1HD-FTE), the oil capacity if you change the filter as well is 11.4 Litres (10.1 without)

Petrol (1FZ-FE) the oil capacity if you change the filter as well is 7.4 Litres (6.9 without)

Thanks Brett,

Its Petrol Engine, The mechanic fill it with 8 Litres with Filter Change then I remove 1 Litre and now the Guage shows exact at Full Mark when I check it after engine is stopped for 10 minutes or more.

Thanks for your information

Back