engine oil

Philip amos

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
which is best castrol magnatec 5-30 or castrol edge 5-30

which is best castrol magnatec 5-30 or castrol edge 5-30

I found this article for you on.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...4834710/all/castrol-magnatec-vs-edge-titanium

Credit to.....Onetor

"I e-mailed Castrol and inquired if the same "Intelligent Molecules" polymer esters contained in Magnatec are in Edge? The response is in bold. I told them that I know they are two different formulas, but wanted to know about start up polymer esters. If I'm reading this correctly. CS is stating that Edge is great for extreme pressure and Magnatec for start up protection. I didn't expect to get a definitive response".

"Thank you for contacting Castrol North America.

Castrol EDGE does not have the same technology as GTX MAGNATEC, the two have different additive systems.

Castrol GTX MAGNATEC has intelligent molecules that cling to critical engine parts like a magnet, providing an extra layer of protection from the start and throughout warm-up that won�t drain to the sump.

Castrol EDGE has a more advanced technology with fluid titanium that provides superior engine wear protection. It provides a higher level of high temperature protection, anti-wear performance, and viscosity stability.

Castrol EDGE is our premium product line.

Castrol always recommends following the guidelines of the engine manufacturer for the recommended oil (i.e. SAE grade, API service category and manufacturer specifications) specific to your application. This information can always be found in the owner�s manual or by contacting the manufacturer directly."

Castrol Consumer Relations

So it boils down to 'Horses for Courses'

Personally, I use Castrol GTX MAGNATEC 5W-30-C3

I found this article for you on.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...4834710/all/castrol-magnatec-vs-edge-titanium

Credit to.....Onetor

"I e-mailed Castrol and inquired if the same "Intelligent Molecules" polymer esters contained in Magnatec are in Edge? The response is in bold. I told them that I know they are two different formulas, but wanted to know about start up polymer esters. If I'm reading this correctly. CS is stating that Edge is great for extreme pressure and Magnatec for start up protection. I didn't expect to get a definitive response".

"Thank you for contacting Castrol North America.

Castrol EDGE does not have the same technology as GTX MAGNATEC, the two have different additive systems.

Castrol GTX MAGNATEC has intelligent molecules that cling to critical engine parts like a magnet, providing an extra layer of protection from the start and throughout warm-up that won�t drain to the sump.

Castrol EDGE has a more advanced technology with fluid titanium that provides superior engine wear protection. It provides a higher level of high temperature protection, anti-wear performance, and viscosity stability.

Castrol EDGE is our premium product line.

Castrol always recommends following the guidelines of the engine manufacturer for the recommended oil (i.e. SAE grade, API service category and manufacturer specifications) specific to your application. This information can always be found in the owner�s manual or by contacting the manufacturer directly."

Castrol Consumer Relations

So it boils down to 'Horses for Courses'

Personally, I use Castrol GTX MAGNATEC 5W-30-C3
Thy very helpful I’m using edge at the moment but I like the start up properties of the other

Back