Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine Start Remote

sherqa

I purchased Engine Start Remote Kit, will it work with Land Cruiser GXR 2001 Model, because once I tried to start with duplicate Key, the engine only cranks but not start, it start with the original key only, so is it possible to fix the Engine Start Remote kit????

sherqa said:
I purchased Engine Start Remote Kit, will it work with Land Cruiser GXR 2001 Model, because once I tried to start with duplicate Key, the engine only cranks but not start, it start with the original key only, so is it possible to fix the Engine Start Remote kit????

Your problem is your spare key has not got the electronics in it for the immobilizer, and that's why the remote start won't work either.

Thanks alot Steve Wright,
It means no need to waste time on trying to install the Engine Start Remote Kit.

A customer had one of those fitted and the only way to get around the key coding was to have an extra key coded up and lodged behind the dash with the pickup coil.

Not the best thing for security, but the car could be tracked on line, started and stopped remotely, etc.

Back