Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine swap perfectly good 1KD (d4d) to a 1KZ-te .

Shayne

Guru
You would have to drive my 1KZ to understand why i want to do it other than the fact my 1KD body and chassis is in better overall condition .

Can i assume the engine mounts are the same ? will i end up swapping the dash as well ?

Both swb 90's are too good to go but one has to as i don't have room for 3 trucks .

It would be wise to change the behind dash loom to make it run correctly. The d4d has the immobiliser in the steering column. So it's quite a big job.. Mechanicals are the same as the block is the same on the outside..

Cheers iwan for confirming my fear i will end up with 2 very large ornaments , swapping the engine is something i'd likely enjoy doing - but the idea of wiring would have me starting on the assumption i will never finish it .

This is the exact problem with modding later vehicles, mechanics are straight forward.. but when you venture into wires and defeating built in modules immobilisers and ecu's etc then it turns into a hard challenge which isn't quick... aand if it's not quick then interest levels lower and you're going back to the project in a couple of years if ever Lol! :thumbup:

I could very easily swap the winch bumper , body lift etc over to the newer truck but them very same electronics that give more power for less fuel will never make me smile like the older truck does .

Back