Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1KZ-TE engine Problem

Pyken

Country Flag
tunisia
hello everyone i have a toyota 120 prado with 1kz-te manual trans the engine have been running rough lately it sound like a tactor and when i go on a long trip the engine shakes and rpm wiggels but it never dies also it looses power when it reaches 80-90 klm/h like its cpped to that speed engine management is poor i guess it used be like a sky rocket speeding
here is the video of the engine sound
i tried to scan the check engine light but sadly no codes

Attachments

• 403684914_7060711297355060_6714595197332978029_n.mp4
    981.3 KB
Last edited:
Yeah, if the wiring to the injectors is faulty then obviously the injectors will misfire / mis-operate same as if the injector itself was faulty.
When you say new engine, do you mean newly rebuilt or literally a new engine? Or a second hand engine? What happened the old engine?

I think you could check the injectors and their wiring by disconnecting 1 injector at a time while running and see if the engine behaviour changes; or doesn't change. If it doesn't change with one particular injector unplugged then that one is faulty. I know you can test spark plugs like this to determine which cylinder is the problem, I think it's ok to do with injectors for a tiny period of time too.

What did you scan the Engine management light with?
You might be able to read the flash codes with the diagnostics socket in the engine bay by bridging a specific 2 terminals.

Could be a fuel issue, is the fuel filter new? I'm not saying a clogged fuel filter will cause the engine shaking but obviously it won't be helping things.

Yeah, if the wiring to the injectors is faulty then obviously the injectors will misfire / mis-operate same as if the injector itself was faulty.
When you say new engine, do you mean newly rebuilt or literally a new engine? Or a second hand engine? What happened the old engine?

I think you could check the injectors and their wiring by disconnecting 1 injector at a time while running and see if the engine behaviour changes; or doesn't change. If it doesn't change with one particular injector unplugged then that one is faulty. I know you can test spark plugs like this to determine which cylinder is the problem, I think it's ok to do with injectors for a tiny period of time too.

What did you scan the Engine management light with?
You might be able to read the flash codes with the diagnostics socket in the engine bay by bridging a specific 2 terminals.

Could be a fuel issue, is the fuel filter new? I'm not saying a clogged fuel filter will cause the engine shaking but obviously it won't be helping things.
can the timing control valve in the fuel pump cause all that cuz i found that the wire connector to it is burnt
also the engine wiring harness is bit old but it works fine i guess it had some repairs in the past

Attachments

• 2009-07-25_125246_1kz_pump.png
    2009-07-25_125246_1kz_pump.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 10
I'm not sure, but I guess it could. I'd fix the burnt connector and make sure there's 12v going to it etc,,, for starters anyway.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back