Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Entering the Lions Den!

BrendanB

This is really like entering the Lions den for me :D

Why? Well I do not own Land Cruisers. On our drive are two Defender 110's and a Disco 2. Sorry folks. :p :D

One of our passions is overland travelling. Details of a couple of our trips can be found HERE and HERE

We do also run a small company called 4x4 Overlander Ltd who's website is HERE One of our customers mentioned that he had come across us from a link on this forum. Since we have been supplying kit to some people planning on doing trans Africa in Land Cruisers I thought I would register.

NO I will not be giving advice on repairing/servicing Land Cruisers. I don't even give advice on maintaining Land Rovers as I am not a mechanic and don't pretend to be one!

Also I do not subscribe to Jap crap/Land Rovers are unreliable vehicles type arguements. Each vehicle have pros and cons. One thing I do know is that Land Rovers are reliable if maintained properly. Enough of that.

My background? Working life in a testing/research environment mainly in physical research on polymers. Designed, made and tested climbing/caving equipment as well in a previous existence. One of my jobs also included what was then biggest tensile test machine in UK at the time. 1,500 tonnes used for testing the odd bit of wire!

Very similar ideas for overland travel in Land Cruisers and Land Rovers. Have already picked up one or two snippets already from this forum.

Brendan

Hi Brendan. Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry we're a friendly bunch on here, and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what 4x4's we drive (that's a personal choice), what really counts is that we're all like minded people who enjoy utilising our vehicles capabilities to take us over rough terrain, in far flung places, and enable us to see some wonderful scenery that most people never get a chance to see.

I've chatted with you and your wife at a number of events around the UK, and have also bought usefull kit from your company, and always at a fair price :thumbup:

I'm sure with your product knowledge, and previous trip experience, you'll be an asset to our club. Make yourself at home!

P.S. There's a few ex, and current LR owners on here.

Hi Brendan. Welcome,

Don't worry it doesn't really matter what 4x4's we drive to enable us to see some wonderful scenery that most people never get a chance to see.

:thumbup:

I'm sure with your product knowledge, and previous trip experience, you'll be an asset to our club. Make yourself at home!

P.S. There's a few ex, and current LR owners on here

Graham

Welcome Brendan, mostly we don't bite but do expext the odd jib every now and then for owning a LR :twisted:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
TonyP said:
Welcome Brendan, mostly we don't bite but do expext the odd jib every now and then for owning a LR :twisted:

Not one but three! Anyway what else would I expect from Toy 4x4 owners! :p :lol:

It seems that one of our suppliers is now doing protection equipment for 80/100 series Land Cruisers. Will readily admit my knowledge of TLC is limited.

Do you TLC owners in UK have difficulties in sourcing aftermarket kit for your vehicles

Brendan

Hi Brendan,
T'was I you spoke to on the phone for the tyre deflator.

Received it very promptly, great service and very happy :thumbup:

Cheers

Paul

BrendanB said:
Do you TLC owners in UK have difficulties in sourcing aftermarket kit for your vehicles

Brendan

compared to getting bits for Land Rovers definitely. :roll:

You can get most things but prices compared to what the Land Rover crowd pay are pretty extortionate :thumbdown:

BrendanB said:
Yes, and as prices are so high for the few bits that are available you have no option but to get it custom made.

Burn him he's a witch!!!!! ;) :D

Welcome aboard Brendan :thumbup:

Back