Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Equipment - Considering alloy wheels on my 80

mine look good in photos and from a distance, too close and you see the brush marks :lol:

If I got my hands on a set of 5, I could take them to the guy that sand blasted and painted my steels, he did a great job at £40 a wheel, well worth the effort.

Nice Gav, shiny too! :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 159
One Andy, and that's mine!

I did did see an HDJ 80 2 weeks ago, but it was Bulgarian, just passin' through!

About 4 years ago, after a lot of searching, I actually found a scrap one, but it was completely stripped, only the paint left, not even any glass or carpet. Cassis and body, no dash no nothing else!

Go to plan B then.

Andy

There's nothing else for it, a trip to the UK to camp at Karl's place for a week, I think that will do it:lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep, like them CB, but I can't find any stats on them such as offset, rim width and stuff...

Very frustrating. Now I have some names, I'm gonna try some local suppliers, just to see what's available...

A few of the build threads on IH8Mud have these on and look really sweeeet! so trawling them may give some offset and other stats. Maybe a group-buy is bubbling?

A few of the build threads on IH8Mud have these on and look really sweeeet! so trawling them may give some offset and other stats. Maybe a group-buy is bubbling?

Chatting to my better half last night, and I think I may have persuaded her that a little drive to the UK would be nice...:whistle:

It won't be till next year though (probably May) as the calendar is a bit full.

That should give Karl time to sort me out with a set of 5 alloys, maybe a front axle, a set of fancy door cards, headlining, maybe a set of seats.... oooooooh :pray:

I feel a PM coming on... :dance:

I recall from years back that OE alloys from Japan had to survive some quite serious testing before they could be called OE, I would stick with OE alloys if possible, plenty of different styles around.

regards

Dave

I recall from years back that OE alloys from Japan had to survive some quite serious testing before they could be called OE, I would stick with OE alloys if possible, plenty of different styles around.

regards

Dave

Sounds good to me Dave, the 80 wheels are not a bad style IMO at all. Looking at some of the various websites advertising alloys, many of the patterns look horrible, to me.

If they have proven strength, then I'll be more than happy with them.

There's no doubting the strength of the Yota alloys Clive ;-)

Back