Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

eu in or out poll

I certainly saw him say that on the morning after the referendum. He was on Question Time and said he'd like to see the money spent on doctors and other stuff I can't remember. I suppose he can say he'd like anything he wants given he's fairly sure he'll never be in a position to have that responsibility.
It's quite possible he could have been in that position if he had wanted it, turns out he didn't want it.

It's quite possible he could have been in that position if he had wanted it, turns out he didn't want it.

A position to formally influence government policy? I think he has informally influenced it in some aspects, but not at a budgetary level.

A position to formally influence government policy? I think he has informally influenced it in some aspects, but not at a budgetary level.
I do admit he can talk the talk but could he actually walk the walk? we'll probably never know.

I do admit he can talk the talk but could he actually walk the walk? we'll probably never know.

He's got a strong personality and seems to have the respect across his party to hold them together. UKIP look very wobbly without him. I don't think I agree with anything he says but I think he should be credited for pretty much ending the BNP's presence in U.K. Politics.

I watched question time on the morning after voting a Farage was railroaded into removing the "could" from the original misquote . Like a numpty he walked right into it with his eyes wide open and failed miserably to defend himself at all . Tired I guess but I stayed up all night to watch the voting and a suitable and cutting retort to each attack had formed in my mind before they had finished speaking . He is not someone we want at the negotiating table .

As I've said I stayed up all night to watch the vote and of all the babble and panicked chatter by "experts" the only sensible thing I heard anyone say came from a woman whos name I don't know , she said

"Maybe we in the city have failed the people"

It was a question she asked of herself and it went completely ignored .

I watched question time on the morning after voting a Farage was railroaded into removing the "could" from the original misquote . Like a numpty he walked right into it with his eyes wide open and failed miserably to defend himself at all . Tired I guess but I stayed up all night to watch the voting and a suitable and cutting retort to each attack had formed in my mind before they had finished speaking . He is not someone we want at the negotiating table .

As I've said I stayed up all night to watch the vote and of all the babble and panicked chatter by "experts" the only sensible thing I heard anyone say came from a woman whos name I don't know , she said

"Maybe we in the city have failed the people"

It was a question she asked of herself and it went completely ignored .

I have been reading comments in this thread about power generation costs,Need to import oil etc.But worldwide we need to stop sending waste to landfills.as it takes up too much space and oil based products,plastic,tyres etc will not decompose SO.Do what the Chinese do use it to generate power with modern air filtration systems it will work.Just some thoughts.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've been looking at some of the headlines of late and it seems to me that the 2yrs allotted to complete the trade negotiations required for Brexit are woefully inadequate. This was prompted by the collapse of the CETA deal which happened overs several years worth of "secret" negotiations. Much along the lines of TPPA & TTIP.
It leads me to ask the obvious question if the UK who were described by some as powerless in the grip of unelected EU dictators etc etc, how come Walloonians (Is that next to bongo bongo land?)
have managed to veto a deal that every other state had approved. Surely the German led Euro dictatorship we are constantly being threatened with would have sent them to camps or something equally sinister...

I had never heard of Wallonia until recently but your question caused me to take a quick tour of the place via wikipedia which left me thinking isn't that a handy way for Brussels to block a deal without being seen to do so .

Critical and uncaring conjecture but i like it :happy-cheerleaderk:

Last edited:
The Ceta deal has gone through now but I guess we all want to know what concessions were made to the Walloons

I had never heard of Wallonia until recently but your question caused me to take a quick tour of the place via wikipedia which left me thinking isn't that a handy way for Brussels to block a deal without being seen to do so .

Critical and uncaring conjecture but i like it :happy-cheerleaderk:
The Ceta deal has gone through now but I guess we all want to know what concessions were made to the Walloons

A lifetimes supply of Marmite ? Maybe.

Well everyone gets concessions,
IMG_0422.JPG
maybe like the ones offered to Nissan (that they aren't prepared to disclose) we may never know until we're paying them.

To me the Nissan deal is a commitment that comes from confidence . As a Remainer May got an easy ride to begin with , i suppose they thought she would toe the line but her "hard Brexit" suggestion shows Thatcherite bollocks and so the media has turned against her . Who owns the media .

“The first concession was over the use of private arbitration courts, set out in the original version of the treaty, that the Walloons, and a growing number of European citizens, are deeply concerned about,” FRANCE 24 Brussels correspondent Kattalin Landaburu said.

“They could not support a treaty that provided for private arbitration courts to settle legal disputes, which they said would allow multinationals to sue states against the interests of their own citizens,” she added. “These disputes will be dealt with by national courts.”

The Walloons also obtained significant concessions to protect farmers, for example by preventing American companies benefiting from the agreement between the EU and Canada to flood European markets via Canadian subsidiaries.

“The Walloons were also able to insert clauses that will allow European governments to increase subsidies to farmers, for example if there is a crisis in the milk sector, that the Canadian government will not be able to dispute,” explained Landaburu. “Finally, all European legislation aimed at banning genetically modified food and the use of banned hormones in cattle will not be affected by Ceta.”

http://www.france24.com/en/20161027-belgians-eu-canada-trade-deal-controversial-reach-agreement

To me the Nissan deal is a commitment that comes from confidence . As a Remainer May got an easy ride to begin with , i suppose they thought she would toe the line but her "hard Brexit" suggestion shows Thatcherite bollocks and so the media has turned against her . Who owns the media .

If newspaper cartoonists stopped lampooning the government, then I'd be worried.

If newspaper cartoonists stopped lampooning the government, then I'd be worried.

On the subject of ribbing politicians...
I don't know if you caught this it was a blinder played by newsnight. Perhaps it makes up for the empty number one slot all those years ago.

Shame on Newsnight that's just taking the piss, not funny.

Reactions: Pat
Bravo BBC :clap:

I can only speak for myself when i say i would much prefer open and honest prejudice than Lord Haw-Haw style misdirection .

One does wonder what the remoaners hope to achieve by trying to block Brexit :think: do they want ukip running the country :icon-eek:

Bravo BBC :clap:

I can only speak for myself when i say i would much prefer open and honest prejudice than Lord Haw-Haw style misdirection .

One does wonder what the remoaners hope to achieve by trying to block Brexit :think: do they want ukip running the country :icon-eek:

I think that the press suggesting it's "blocking" Brexit is not really accurate. It's making sure it's not just the dozen or so in cabinet who decide the terms of the whole thing.
If you remember that something as inconsequential as Sunday trading hours ran through parliament twice, I'm glad that the changes which are going to affect generations to come are scrutinised by parliament in the proper way.

I agree in principal but what they are asking is for May to lay her cards on the table so the dictators can stack the pack which is insanity .

WE certainly need to see a plan (if there is one).
Take the Nissan thing as an example, If the EU imposes a tariff of ten percent on goods produed outside. Is the British taxpayer going to pay that 10% just because someone in Belgium wants a crappy Nissan leaf? Or to save face for the government who desperately don't want it to be seen that manufacturers are leaving in order to remain profitable (or rather have higher profits). Who goes next ? Or who do we have to beg to stay next ? Honda ? Land Rover ?

How can there be a plan , she can list goals she wants to achieve and concessions she is willing to make and if she does every effort will be made to reduce the goals and increase concessions .

The plan must evolve at the negotiating table or you may as well tear up all your aces and play blind .

Back