Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

eu in or out poll

I think O'Leary is adapting our politicians method
(Bullshit baffles brains)

I imagine they are all owned by the same faceless international conglomerates that make millionaires out obedient prime ministers .

I'm curious, is anything being reported in main stream media in Europe about all the protests and riots? :think:

10 thousand people have marched in Rome against the invasion:

http://newobserveronline.com/rome-thousands-rally-invasion/

And yet more riots at the Greek border:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/20/watch-riots-erupt-greek-border-migrant-camp/

These are just 2 examples that I spotted today, but I am seeing this sort of thing in different European countries, daily, but never in mainstream media.
It does indeed appear that the pro EU media has a black out is in full swing, maybe to hide how on the brink of collapse the EU really is! :think:

I found Boris's latest article in the Telegraph very interesting as he writes a piece that could be written from many years in the future looking back at a successful Brexit.
:icon-biggrin:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...find-it-hard-to-believe-that-anyone-voted-to/

I'm curious, is anything being reported in main stream media in Europe about all the protests and riots? :think:

10 thousand people have marched in Rome against the invasion:

http://newobserveronline.com/rome-thousands-rally-invasion/

I couldn't see this. My American employer blocks New Observer as "discrimination". So I had a look on the BBC and could find nothing. Breitbart reports it with a photo of about 25 people with Italian flags. The only other Google link I could find was to Macedonia online here, http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/29481/49/
This describes thousands marching and illustrates that with a lot more people than Breitbart show. But a quick reverse image search shows this is a picture taken in February 2015, and published by the BBC here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31674709

I'm not saying there wasn't a march in Rome at the weekend. I am suggesting some "news" sites are pretending it was bigger than it was, and perhaps this is why it hasn't warranted more mainstream media coverage.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Seen the pics on my phone now. Clearly at least a few hundred people there. The 10,000 is I think the estimate of the organisers rather than the police. I think demo organisers always overstate numbers, and of course those who disagree with the sentiment always under estimate. Shame no one took a picture from a building to validate it better. Lots of demonstrations all over the place though. I seem to see a few industrially related demos every year on TF3 in France but they don't even make the national French news. Someone is deciding how big an issue needs to be for coverage. I think there were a lot more people making a nusiance of themselves in Glasgow on Saturday than there were in Rome for example, and the understandably local bias will influence editors choices on what makes the headlines.

Apparently there was a 15,000 strong pro-refugee march in London in March 19. I don't know if anyone saw it reported? I can't find a BBC story covering that, and it was bigger and much closer to home. There was a similar march in Glasgow on the same day but as far as I can tell that only made the "Scotland Politics" section.

My point is I don't think these are conspiratorial media plots. Just editors believing people are more interested in local news, and demonstrations needing to be huge to get coverage. Look at the anti-austerity march in London recently with 100K (?) which I don't think made the TV news, although I don't think that decision did editors any favours.

This government along with all the others let you see what they want you to see. There is always great pieces in out media about North Korea and other countries with 'state controlled news', and yet here we are with one of the most democratic counties in the world, controlled by an unelected dictatorship doing the same thing.

regards

Dave

Reactions: Ben
deartoothfairy_121910.jpg

This government along with all the others let you see what they want you to see. There is always great pieces in out media about North Korea and other countries with 'state controlled news', and yet here we are with one of the most democratic counties in the world, controlled by an unelected dictatorship doing the same thing.

regards

Dave

And yet every 10-12 years they lose control enough to lose the election? Or things get so bad that no jerrymandering can help. Is Watergate the exception that proves the rule?

Here's one for you tin foil boys. Look at policitical corruption on Wikipedia, and the list of countries detailed in the box on the right. Spooky.

My picture post reflects how i'm starting to feel about the feel about the whole issue , what do the polls say now is it 49% in and 49% out or some such nonsense ?

The unbelievable arrogance of the untouchables is doing more to encourage Brexit than Farage could do with a billion pound budget .

My picture post reflects how i'm starting to feel about the feel about the whole issue , what do the polls say now is it 49% in and 49% out or some such nonsense ?

The unbelievable arrogance of the untouchables is doing more to encourage Brexit than Farage could do with a billion pound budget .

I don't think we have agreed anywhere in this thread, but Osbornes twice a day disaster stories are ridiculous and the BBC news website leading on them only makes it worse. I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Nicola Sturgeon today.

Ryanair CEO Michael O'Leary said in a statement."As the UK's largest airline, Ryanair is absolutely clear that the UK economy and its growth prospects are stronger as a member of the European Union and the single market than they are outside the EU"
Bigger than British Airways, can that be true?

I think Iberia (Spanish) airways are part of 'British' Airways so no longer wholly British? A bit like 'British' Telecom, IIRC the Spanish company Telefonica (apostrophe in there somewhere) owns a lump a of that as well. Is this integration of EU countries ensuring there is no competition if the UK does exit?

regards

Dave

I'm voting IN, I have a house near Bergerac and coming out would cause me too much hassle.

I'm voting IN, I have a house near Bergerac and coming out would cause me too much hassle.

And what hassle have you been told to expect Lyn, what will actually happen?

regards

Dave

How often do you live in that house? I presume you live in the UK as well, what you have to make your mind up about is which would cause you the most hassle staying in or moving out!
If you are mainly in the UK surely you should vote for whatever you feel is best for your life here not France.

At last my starter has arrived from Oz....well actually it is in Spain but I have not seen it yet. So now the encouraging process for dealing outside of the EU comes to light and just how easy it is NOT for non-member states to sell their goods here, and also how non encouraging it is for me to purchase outside of the EU.

Today I received a letter informing me my starter was ready for delivery...............but:

I need to email the supplier for a 'factura' or receipt for the goods actual value.
They then send me the receipt via email.
I forward it to the central post office.
They calculate the import duty.
They email me the bill of duty.
I print off said bill of duty.
I go to the bank and pay the bill of duty.
I scan the receipt I get from the bank.
I send scan to central post office.
They inform local post office that they can now send me the starter.

Letter came with a big red stamp on it marked...............................URGENT!!

Now tell me this is good for trading with other nations!

And in case you were wondering, the same starter here was twice the price and a 5th of the warranty.

regards

Dave

EDIT: Just read the rear of the envelope and it reads:

'THE SOLUTION TO YOUR GLOBAL SHIPMENTS'

Er.....well...er...OK.

Last edited:
It is you and not the seller in Oz that is being punished for exercising your freedom to choose where you buy Dave .

Given the hassle Shayne would I want to purchase from Oz again? That becomes a punishment for the Oz traders.

If the price was a lot cheaper perhaps but, by most (I include myself) peoples nature we are lazy, we want it and will pay through the nose if it means getting it easier.

regards

Dave

Yeah its killing China :think: or do China just sell to the big money in Europe who double the price and sell it to you :?

Back