Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

EU Travel Pass

With Brixit it is only a matter of time untill UK citizens will need visa's to enter. Ok, these will be most likely issued on arrival, but it's certainly coming

£6 for a 3 month pass valid for 3 years i think i read .

Trivial nonsense , job creation . And not because they care about the unemployed but because every single person employed by this scrap of paper , that will be issued to anyone and everyone who already has a passport , will be paid minimum wage leaving millions in cash to just vanish .

I think this works like the ESTA does, not everyone who has a passport will get it - and you need to have clearance before you arrive at the border. And if you get into trouble it's revoked immediately.

This is very much what brexit promised from being excluded point of view. By and large the UK passport has had a lot more controls applied to it, as expected.

This will be interesting as my job covers most of Europe and I will spend more than the 90days permitted in the 180day window. I've asked the question and will post the reply. I am sure this will now lead to UK citizens needed a visa to travel for more than 90days.

Sure to be a nuisance for those just out of prison then or the football hooligans who only go on holiday to get arrested perhaps .

Makes me wonder what is the purpose of a passport if it does not give power that be access to criminal checks ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Makes me wonder what is the purpose of a passport if it does not give power that be access to criminal checks ?

The passport does have that power. But criminal and other checks take a while. Maybe only a few minutes, but if everyone needs a few minutes to get through immigration those queues get very long, very quickly. This is just doing the checks before you arrive, and there is a small admin fee for it. Loads of countries have electronic travel authorisations like this, where you don't need an expensive visa as long as your nationallty is on their nice list, but you do need to be pre-authorized. Just done one for Canada.

This will be interesting as my job covers most of Europe and I will spend more than the 90days permitted in the 180day window. I've asked the question and will post the reply. I am sure this will now lead to UK citizens needed a visa to travel for more than 90days.

We already do need a Visa to travel within Schengen for more than 90 days out of 180.

@Rob Cowell That I didn't know!!!!

There is no visa available that will allow you to stay for more than 90 days out of 180 in the Schengen area. Extended stay visas that are available have extremely tight restrictions for which 99% won’t qualify How to Extend a Schengen Visa while being within Schengen Area - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Simply put, the idiocy that is Brexit has completely ruined our ability to stay in the Schengen area be it to live, or travel beyond 90 days.

Without wishing to divert this thread - isn't this what we voted for? To be treated like everyone else that's from outside the EU?

If we wanted to be treated like we were inside the EU, well perhaps that's what we should have voted for?

#INeverThoughtLeopardsWouldEatMyFace

Don't worry Lorin. Nigel's family have German passports so they won't be affected at all.
Indeed, those with dual citizenship with a EU country are smiling right now.

I assume the UK have similar visa requirements for EU citizens coming to the UK?

My reason for posting the ETIAS link was simply that i chanced upon it and recognized it as something that i wouldn't know to look for if i was planning travel .

To me it just indicates that common sense will prevail and all obstacles and hindrance to commerce will be slowly but surely be eroded .

What is it , about 2 years since Brexit became a reality . During which time the worlds biggest ever pandemic hit .

Global recession is accepted as unavoidable and yet predictions offer that the isolated little rock that is the worlds 6th largest economy will suffer a growth deficit of 0.5% behind the EU's leading economy and 4th on a world scale , Germany .

Back