Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Evening All

Brian S

Country Flag
england
Just saying hi.
I live in Devon
I am in the process of looking for another vehicle, and have narrowed it down to a Cruiser or a Touareg, but leaning more to the Cruiser.
Had several 4 wheelers in the past, starting with a Scoobie pick up, then a Hilux pick up, a Trooper, and recently a couple of Terranos(bit of a saga behind those 2)

Now I'm trying to find sites with the different specs on for the various types, as I'm not getting the info I'm looking for. ie what's the difference between LC2,3,4,and 5 they both have the same shape and facelift, and what about the Colorado

I don't these days do a lot of off roading, but might do a bit more with a good vehicle, and also would like to do a bit of Response as well

Brian

Hi Brian and welcome. You'll find lots of info and helpful folks on here.

Out of interest, did your Terranos eat their freewheel hubs?

Richard

Last edited:
Didn't have them long enough to find out Richard, had one 2 days the other a month, both bought from different garages, both with brand new mot's, took them both to my mechanic, just for a quick look, both should of failed the mot's one on welding needed to subframe (rust holes) the other had rust holes as well as a few other bits, none of which were visible until on the ramp
Got my money back on both of them PDQ
Hence I'm sans wheels at the moment, going to save/add a bit more and get a better motor:thumbup:

Wonderful! Good luck with finding a decent truck.

The reason I asked was a friend of mine had two of them and twice had his auto freewheel hubs get mangled after reversing a few hundred yards on single track roads. The second time he was in, there was another owner there with the same fault…

Just to throw a point about the Touareg into the mix. They are known to have driveshaft failures which can be very expensive to replace.

Aside from that, the cruiser (in any guise) is a completely different animal to the VW. Touaregs are built like cars, just bigger, but Landcruisers are built like trucks, just smaller. In terms of reliability, there's no contest there

Just to throw a point about the Touareg into the mix. They are known to have driveshaft failures which can be very expensive to replace.

Aside from that, the cruiser (in any guise) is a completely different animal to the VW. Touaregs are built like cars, just bigger, but Landcruisers are built like trucks, just smaller. In terms of reliability, there's no contest there

Which way Bob :icon-biggrin:
I've been reading up on the VW, seems lots need to be kept an eye on, filled up, etc, looks like it's a fussy vehicle, not just get in an use it, with occasional maintenance

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did you find a truck Brian? I was pretty set on a Cruiser when I bought my VX100, but had a look at the Toureg, Volvo XC90 and Ford Explorer before I went to the Toyota dealer, just so I had something to compare. It took about a minute to decide to buy the Cruiser. The deal when sealed when the Toyota salesman said "Ahh, Ford Exploders, you don't see many of those!". Buying the Cruiser was easily the best decision I have ever made. 150,000km later and I still smile every time I get in it :)

Sorry about the late reply Chris, been a bit busy with work
No haven't got a truck sorted yet, had a look at several, even looked at some ML270s
I'm a bit hopeful (again) there's a Collie appeared for sale in my town, going to have a look at that PDQ

Back