Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Evocative picture of the day / week

It's probably a tie with SH8049503888 for breadth and depth but it's good fun :D I haven't been down that way in years but there were / are some nice lanes west of there as well. Check with RoW / Highways what the status is now especially the bit on the west bank between the river and the house as you can see it's not shown on the map and often that means NERCA restricted it. I'd suggest doing it from west to east when doing it for the first time because the west exit is quite a tall steep soft bank. Watch out for very deep car sized holes where they had a machine in the river digging up gravel which caught a few people out :) if you stick close to the west bank till opposite the east exit then go straight across you should miss them.

AFAIK LFH was dual status same as Sarn Helen and most of the lanes in that area so NERCA probably restricted it (I say probably because someone might come up with a legal challenge to that but doesn't seem likely). Check with RoW though I'm often wrong as Steph will be quick to tell you :roll:

This one cheats a little but there is an 80 series in each picture :) One wet day in Wales I was the back marker on a trip with some die hard Landrover friends near Nant-y-moch on a lane that could get quite interesting in places. I waited nearly an hour while the 3 LR's rammed, winched and towed to get past this tricky little step:

003.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Of course the 80 just crawled over it like it wasn't even there :mrgreen: there are lots of pics of the LR's trying to get up it took them so long and just 1 of the 80 approaching there wasn't time for them to take any more :lol:

Jon Wildsmith said:

Must've been a while ago, I see grizzly claws were still in fashion! Did his half shafts last the whole trip?

The date and time stamp is in the bottom right of the pics Jim ;) so yes it was a while ago. No shaft breakages on the LR 90 (Rays), but he had ARB lockers fitted front and rear after that humiliation, proceeded to destroy his transfer box and one of the lockers on future outings trying to match my 80 and then gave in and bought an 80 himself :mrgreen: FWIW mine had the Pro Comp MT's on that Gav's running now :) I'd just bought them from Craddocks to run instead of Simex and be a bit more PC :lol:

Crispin said:
Why the pixelated face? :shifty:
No great mystery, it was some sort of joke but it was too long ago to remember how it went now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Crispin":1aw8bcgi]Why the pixelated face? :shifty:
No great mystery, it was some sort of joke but it was too long ago to remember how it went now.[/quote:1aw8bcgi]
I thought that's what happens when you drive Land Rovers :lol:

Happiness is..... Like a pig in the perverbial:

P1020663-L.jpg

Taken last Sunday at a small private pay and play site...

It is a ford near nant-y-moch, over towards Talybont.

Near Dufftown (Grampian) at start of a ski mountaineering trip up Ben Rhinnes in December 2009

carparkforbenrinnes.jpg

You can't see them, but they are there
mini-devil-28492.gif

IMG_77611.jpg

Back