Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Farewell to Lil Blue

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
For those of you living on Planet Zogg who may have missed the subtlety or were plain not interested, yes, I have sold Lil Blue. I have spent some considerable time on it and have enjoyed it very much. I would have liked to keep it especially as I hadn't really tried it out. This Lincomb would have been good fun, doing the rock steps with a front locker this time. Anyway, it's gone to a new home down South and likely as not will pop up in a very short time.

So my search now continues in earnest for that elusive first 80. I am favouring a manual 24 valve, mostly because I think I might get slightly better economy. This IS a priority. Taking the centre box out does seem to improve their drinking habits. However, with an easy right foot, non aggressive rubber and without a blue whale on the roof rack, I understand that 12v autos can do fairly well for their size. I'd love a white one, or a red one or even green. Just not that beige / gold colour! A nice clean one for the right money with everything pretty much working would be a start. Bodywork does not have to be perfect. Dings and scratches are fine. But not a rust bucket.

Cruiserless Chris (how do I change my forum name?)

So Chris and myself have managed to finally agree to transfer ownership of Lil Blue. For me it's been a great day! :D Have been counting down how many sleeps until I collect Lil Blue for a over a week now, and today the day finally came.

Met up with Chris this morning after a tedious drive up and all a can say is what a great chap Chris is. Lil Blue was exactly as described, and all the important bits working as promised (bar one, but that's for later). I know you were a bit sad seeing her go this afternoon Chris, but I promise I won't take care of her :twisted: as per your request. Drive back down somehow did not seem to take as long, and Lil Blue was 100%, ok I needed to turn up the radio to try and drown out the noisy exhaust, but that's a good thing.

So little blue now joins my 120 parked outside of my house on the newly laid bit of concrete which will be her home for the next while.

Chris now that you are LC-less, this is the perfect motivation for you to go and find that 80 you want.

Thanks matey and if I make it to Lincomb then you are more than welcome to take her for a spin :cool:

TonyP said:
Thanks matey and if I make it to Lincomb then you are more than welcome to take her for a spin :cool:

Careful,that's where he broke her last time. Not sure you want a reckless chap driving your 'Cruiser ;)

Glad it all went well ;) I'll be back on Sunday to drool :mrgreen:

Crispin said:
I'll be back on Sunday to drool :mrgreen:

Sheesh, I wish you were here yesterday to help pour the concrete that makes up Lil Blue's new home.... that nearly bloody killed me :shock:

TonyP said:
Crispin said:
I'll be back on Sunday to drool :mrgreen:

Sheesh, I wish you were here yesterday to help pour the concrete that makes up Lil Blue's new home.... that nearly bloody killed me :shock:

Drool I said. Not manual labour. :roll: ;)

Congrats, guys.

Chris - you'll have to change your user-name now to just 'Battered' seeing as the 'Blue' bit has left. ;)

Oh - you mean the whole name was the vehicle?? Ohhhh - I get it now :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gary Stockton said:
Congrats, guys.

Chris - you'll have to change your user-name now to just 'Battered' seeing as the 'Blue' bit has left. ;)

Oh - you mean the whole name was the vehicle?? Ohhhh - I get it now :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The name will suit his new knuckle colour when he starts all over again on the 80 :lol:

Joe

You be careful that I don't weld your doors up, funny man!

C :cool:

TonyP said:
... and all the important bits working as promised (bar one, but that's for later)....

All fixed now, compressor fully working following some blow torch soldering... Cheers Chris

lol Soon, just need to get out there with the camera...

Oh yes, be sure to show the new soldered joint that you did all by yourself! :roll:

All I did was put some stickers on. :(

Glad you are enjoying it Tony. I miss it already. Still dunno how I will feel seeing it in a photo that I didn't take. Going to be a bit odd I think.

Now if I can land Great Whitey.....

Chris

Back