Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fast idle

Bazz1340

Country Flag
uk
Hi .....Lj70 2LT 1988....I have scoured the workshop manual and various online threads but am unable to discern where the fault lies.....Over the winter after starting my old girl the Revs would steadily increase to about 1500 RPM, so all working as should, however come the Spring then Summer ( Gets HOT here in Bulgaria in Summer 35degs Plus) the engine is still continuing to increase revs to 1500RPM on first start up of the day. After my daily trip to town, about 5 miles,have Coffee and start her up again she ticks over at normal idle...Any ideas as to what the problem (Although not a problem really) could be ??

Hi Bazz 1340, did you find the answer to your rpm problem. I live in Spain and have only had the 80 for about 6 months. My idle rpm on colf start is about 600. After driving anywhere it then sits at 900 , does this sound like a pump issue. Recently had the head skimmed but cant remember if it did this before.

Blimey, Bazz posted that in 2019.
A long shot probably Gizmops, but have you checked the operation of the idle up knob/cable ?

Thanks Bazz, when I rotate ghe knob nothing happens, guess I will have to strip it off and lubricate it. I yhought ygat was what the knob was for but wasnt sure. .Apologies about my ignorance, new to her. Much obliged.

No problem Gizmops, sounds like sommat going on there - or not.
It should turn freely and increase decrease revs as you know.
BTW, I'm not Bazz. Dunno where he went.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back